Train Not Stopping at Stations

stouthm

Get over it
I asked this question on a different post as a after thought so I thought I should give it it's own thread. I mostly us tlander's stations and just lately on a route I have been modifying the trains slow down but do not stop at his stations. Blueodessey (Blue) gave me a link to look at but it was no help. I've slowed the train to 10mph before the station and it slips on past at 10mph. Any thoughts or suggestions? I've tried everything I can think of so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

I am supposing that it is a T:ANE bug .... But with AI ... you start placing repetitive decreasing speedboards @ a mile distant the station, and at the station you place a 10 mph speedboard ... and right at the stopping point you place a Trackmarker ... and "drive via", or "drive to" that trackmarker ... or drive manually ... just like real trains drivers do it :p

I understand about track markers and "drive to", I have plenty of them already on my route but I've never had to do place them in order to stop a train at a station. They've always stopped at the stations before. What changed?

Silly answer but did you add the load command? Have you altered the stations name and a cross appears in the command list.

Stagecoach, not silly at all. Sometimes it's the little things that get you. Yes, I added the "load/unload" command and I did change the name but all is well in the command list. I'll put up with the slow cruise by until my frustration level eases off. If I solve the problem I'll post it here. Thanks for replying.

I've had problems with these stations as well, and it's not just a problem in T:ANE as I had the problem in TS12 as well.

I think it has something to do with a trigger radius and or script problem since these stations have the problem but others do not. I discovered that having a signal too close the approach to the station will cause the AI to pass through so perhaps there's a conflict. The same can occur if there's another driver in the station with another train following behind. Since I am not a scripter or programmer, I have no clue as to how to fix this kind of thing.

John

Thanks John, I was wondering if I was the only one having problems with these stations. I will look into what you found.

Back