track objects disappearing

neilsmith749

TRS19 Platinum Edition Build 111831

I know there have been changes to the track spline implementation, so if this has been covered already, my apologies.

When moving tracks, any track objects attached to that piece of track becomes disconnected, and left floating. Anyone else see this, and has it been addressed yet? I've also started seeing a few flashing red/white spline points, which never showed up until these newer release versions. I know this has been an issue in the past, based on my searches, but any of the suggested fixes don't seem to work.

I've also noticed I don't have any vehicular traffic on the roads anymore. I remember in past versions, there was a toggle for that, but I can't seem to remember where to find it. Is this a bug, or an operator-error kind of situation? At least I don't have those horns blaring in Surveyor anymore! haha

I know there have been changes to the track spline implementation, so if this has been covered already, my apologies.

When moving tracks, any track objects attached to that piece of track becomes disconnected, and left floating.
Anyone else see this, and has it been addressed yet?

Havent experienced this but it does sometimes take a little time to delete spline points.

I've also started seeing a few flashing red/white spline points, which never showed up until these newer release versions. I know this has been an issue in the past, based on my searches, but any of the suggested fixes don't seem to work.

I believe this just means that procedural junctions wont spawn as the radius between the two tracks are too close.

I've also noticed I don't have any vehicular traffic on the roads anymore.

The game in surveyor is now paused so any animations and vehicle spawning wont happen unless you go and unpause the game. You can do so by hitting the "tools" icon on the top bar and making sure the "pause" button is unchecked.

I remember in past versions, there was a toggle for that, but I can't seem to remember where to find it. Is this a bug, or an operator-error kind of situation? At least I don't have those horns blaring in Surveyor anymore! haha

To toggle traffic its in the environment settings, "edit menu" icon on the top bar "edit environment" > click the location tap. There is a car icon you click if you want to disable/enable traffic.

When moving tracks, any track objects attached to that piece of track becomes disconnected, and left floating. Anyone else see this, and has it been addressed yet? I've also started seeing a few flashing red/white spline points, which never showed up until these newer release versions. I know this has been an issue in the past, based on my searches, but any of the suggested fixes don't seem to work.

I've also noticed I don't have any vehicular traffic on the roads anymore. I remember in past versions, there was a toggle for that, but I can't seem to remember where to find it. Is this a bug, or an operator-error kind of situation? At least I don't have those horns blaring in Surveyor anymore! haha

The colored spline points seem to be caused by recent narrowing of the tolerance for elevation variances beyond the older spline point next in line. Also, the tolerance for angles of switched track has been tightened. These are from visual observations and the effects of spline height versus the others adjacent to the colored point. Changing the height or moving the colored point usually reverts it to the normal color indicating that is is within the standard realm of adjacent points.

I've also started seeing a few flashing red/white spline points, which never showed up until these newer release versions. I know this has been an issue in the past, based on my searches, but any of the suggested fixes don't seem to work

I believe this just means that procedural junctions wont spawn as the radius between the two tracks are too close.

I agree with hert. I don't know what suggested fixes you have tried but the causes of this "issue" that I have experienced are:-

• height difference between the two end splines of the junction (it seems that junctions must be flat)
  • junctions too close (as mentioned by hert) so that the guide tracks (or whatever they are called) cannot be formed
  • attaching an unusual junction object that is not procedural - in my case a "catch point" rail junction

In the last case I simply ignore the flashing red/white spline circle as there is no alternative available to use and it does not affect the operation of the junction.

In fact you can ignore the flashing red spline circles as they will have no effect on the operation of the track or track junctions except that you will not have the animated procedural junction points.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. These are the fixes that I have seen. The thing is, I'm not even using procedural track. I've found that it doesn't seem to like turnouts on hills. I've put in a crossover on a hill, and all the points are exactly where they should be height-wise, and locked into position. I've made a very small height adjustment (-0.01), and that seemed to clear the flashing spline points, albeit, sometimes only temporarily. Thanks for the assurances that it doesn't affect the operation in Driver. That puts my mind at ease.

I should have been more concise on the title of the thread. It's actually a problem of track objects (signals, speed signs, turnout frogs, etc) becoming detached, and not disappearing. This never happened in previous versions, so something has changed in the latest update.

Anyway, thanks to all again for the replies!

For track-objects that are detached but next to the tracks, run a Delete Missing Assets. Once you do that, the track-objects will "snap" into place where they belong.

I have run into the same issues with spline points with the older-track as well. I was able to fix most of them by removing a spline point that was too close to the switch as well as adjusting the angle of the junction and sometimes the height of one point or the other as needed, but I have some junctions that will appear fixed until I zoom out and then come back in. When I'm zoomed in again, the junctions are flashing again, and I have not been able to fix those even by rebuilding the tracks.

Could there be a Proximity issue? Not just "too close" on the same track but also relative to nearby track related objects?

Back