TOTC cars?

Ben,

I just found the Harrimans on the DLS. Don't have time to download them but the thumbnails look great.

Thank you for these.

Bernie

Hi Bernie:

No rush (from my point of view, lol).

Only types I didn't make were sleepers and observations. I think Pullman had a monopoly on sleepers. If there were any observation cars e-mail me a photo and I'll see about working them up.

Ben

Hi Ben,

In all the excavating I did for information on these cars I could not document either observations or sleepers, and I think the reason you give is the right one. I did find one photo labelled a Harriman sleeper, but close examination clearly showed it was a mistake.

I won't have time to download them till tomorrow, but did you by any chance do a suburban (commute) car in tu-tone grey? You'll see from the links I sent that their window arrangement was very different from the heavyweight coaches.

Thanks again.

Bernie

Hi Bernie:

I converted coach 5 to a commuter car (coach 9) but all I did was remove the doors. If you can e-mail me the link again for that suburban (commuter) car I'll see what I can do.

Ben

suburban car

Hi Ben,

Here is the pic you wanted.

id472traps.jpg

As I remember these cars, the roof was dark grey, the body was overall a light medium, and the window strip was a dark medium. The white stripes were omitted on many cars on repainting. And, yes, the coach 9 is a good representation. A repaint of coach 9 would be greatly appreciated.

Bernie

I used to ride these back in the day and they would run at speed between San Jose and San Francisco with the doors and traps open just as depicted here!

Last edited:
Thanks

Your request has been uploaded. It will be Harriman Coach 9. Hope its what you had in mind.

Ben
Thanks, Ben.

These are pretty close, a lot closer than anything I've seen to date. They'll look great behind a striped RS.

Bob
Screen_008.jpg

Last edited:
Your welcome. Didn't take long to remove the doors (wish I could say the same for the Quebec Bridge, lol).

Ben

Hi Bernie:

Your 2-tone grey coach as been uploaded. It will be Harriman Coach 10. Hope its what you had in mind.

Ben

Thank you Ben. You're fast! Auran hasn't got it on the DLS yet, so I'll keep checking and complain when it gets there. :D

Thanks again,

Bernie

Thank you Ben. You're fast! Auran hasn't got it on the DLS yet, so I'll keep checking and complain when it gets there. :D

Got the coach 10. No complaints. Now, anyone who wants it can have a heck of a fleet of arch roof head end and passenger cars. Great job!

Bernie

Back