Time To Hit The West Coast!

chrisracer8903

Michigan Trainz
Now that I have the CN Holly Sub and BNSF Red Rock Sub released: I'm moving to the other end of the country with my prototypical routes and doing the Pacific Harbor Line, one of the most complex routes I have ever done. The Pacific Harbor Line runs from the Alameda Corridor in Anaheim to the ports of Long Beach, California, located on the south-side of Los Angeles. This route includes the whole line in the Port of Long Beach, Alameda Corridor to the interchange of the Sufliner where it can be merged with my Amtrak Pacific Surfliner and it's prototypical merging. The Pacific Harbor Line runs Union Pacific and BNSF, but they also have their own railroad on this line that is powered by former SP, IC, and leasing units ranging from SD40T-2s to SW1200's. I am planning to skin some locos of theirs for the sessions.

phl1ya0.jpg

A UP train from Chicago begins to stop at Pier J Yard.
phl2wm8.jpg

More of Pier J.
phl3wg2.jpg

K-Line area of the yard.
phl4ar6.jpg

Outside of Peir J onto the Mainline near ITS.
phl5bm4.jpg

This section of the Pacific Harbor Line is not signaled from Ocean Blvd. to Peir J. This section you see is near Pier G Yard.

Tell me what you think of it so far! :) -Chris

Last edited:
hi chrisracer,
this looks like it will be one of your best routes yet! i look foward to this new addition to your route colection.

john:)

Bout time we get a proto route to take a stack train to :)....Very nice Chris...Hope to see more of your work....

Chris, it looks great I was down in that area the other day and you really catch the feel of that area. I was wondering what do you use so you know where to place the tracks? Google earth? Windows live local? or something else?
Thanks Ricky

geez you got all that done while you were talking to me last night. BTW: srry for not answering the phone last night, i had to march in the morning, so i was trying to sleep. :)

Chris, it looks great I was down in that area the other day and you really catch the feel of that area. I was wondering what do you use so you know where to place the tracks? Google earth? Windows live local? or something else?
Thanks Ricky

Thanks for the kind words. I have been using Google Earth and the detailed maps and info from the September 2006 issue of Trains magazine. I use Google Earth, Maps, Videos, and by memory for all my routes. -Chris

Here's an update: just some random pics of the scenary you see along the Pacific Harbor Line in Long Beach.

ph11xe0.jpg

Intersection of Docks Road, veiwing the Pier G Yard.
ph22yl7.jpg

PHL (Ex-SP) loco heads to Peir J Yard. PHL (Pacific Harbor Line) currently owns w ex-SP Tunnel Motors that have their paint UN-TOUCHED!
ph33bt5.jpg

Here's the track to the Metropolitan Stevedore.
ph44zg1.jpg

Back at Pier G Yard.
ph55rp0.jpg

ph66dk7.jpg

A view south down the coast.
ph77wc2.jpg

This is the ITS Truck Depot for trailers at the port. -Chris

F59PHI and California Cars

Hey guys!

Chrisracer8903,

I've got an F59PHI and Coaches in BOTH Surfliner and Capitol Corridor colours. Here is a video of a Capitols set running through Verona Beach station. This line is fictional and is apart of the Verona Beach Line with the Las Venturas Regional Rail System.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggqgl8NzUQU

Isaac Grove

Back