Thin end...

RRSignal has been around long enough and produced enough content to be spared the troll label I think.

I think his arguments for a DRM free version are entirely valid. Trainz versions used to be produced DRM free as a matter of course. Can't think why this request is being viewed as trolling.

In the CoC it says we are to respect others views, I see scant respect here.

The troll inference was in response to Tony's comment on
Speculation and conjuring up "facts" with no evidence whatsover
and not directed at a specifically named person. As a holder of of DRM free versions in the past, I am interested in and look forward to continuing down that track too and so support any requests for them. If there was any disrespect, it was not intentional and I apologize.

If we didn't grumble "about the good old versions" every time a new version comes out then the forums wouldn't be the same.

I have several programs/tools/utilities/editors/etc that are on a subscription basis. My new Trainz gold membership is almost the cheapest of the lot and will be the one I use the most. :)

If we didn't grumble "about the good old versions" every time a new version comes out then the forums wouldn't be the same.

as you say, EVERY new version!!

My experience is that every new version has brought incremental improvements. Maybe not as mind blowing as the some of the hype would have us believe (marketing IS about marketing), but always worthwhile. As a (now retired) software developer I have a lot of respect for what Auran and NV3 have delivered over many years, in a very tight market. And I congratulate Tony on his contribution.

Phil

(edit: thanks also to Windwalkr, and the rest of the team)

Last edited:
Thanks FootplatePhil - we try to "increment" as much as possible each release. Compared to previous launches, our Early Access version has been pretty smooth sailing (sorry for the mixed metaphor :).

Well, offering a non-DRM version for those who want it would certainly go a long away to easing the situation. It would demonstrate 1. that nev is catering for all its customers, and 2. weaken the suspicion that Tr is becoming just a cash cow. Need to remember how valuable goodwill can be.

Last edited:
Well, offering a non-DRM version for those who want it would certainly go a long away to easing the situation. It would demonstrate 1. that nev is catering for all its customers, and 2. weaken the suspicion that Tr is becoming just a cash cow. Need to remember how valuable goodwill can be.

Have they said they will not be offering that on general release ? I haven't seen that in any announcements. So far its mostly been about this new (and on the response evidence, very confusing) early access thing.

Trainz as a cash cow? Funniest thing I've read today.

Phil (waiting patiently for more details about general release)

Last edited:
Back