The Yooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's an issue for sure, That's the YARNish Split L4 DL3 -Si +Sh, 09sp4 KUID kuid:506208:100113

Cruising around the Forums, I see a lot of frustration over this release. I'm pushing 60 years now, and I remember the world without a Microsoft or an Apple. I've had this game now for a couple months and just loaded it yesterday, cleaned up my old work and transferred it to Tane. There's a few issues, and yes I sent off for my $9.95 Dvd Update which will be here in a week or two and cost me $14.00 shipping.

But I also paid in the entry price for Shane or Shawn to be on that Pioneer Council. If You can say one thing about that guy, he is really helpful. And I take comfort in the fact that this game works with my route, it's now pushing 2 and 1/2 hours and the city is still smoked up in TS12. Whatever, this current games short comings are, That's not one of them. For the first time in 3 years I can begin to build it again.

Just being able to see it again was worth the wait and price I paid. I can certainly wait another few months and help out as I can. I just figured out how to spin paint again, so I'm excited!

What's the building at Champion called, and what is the KUID?

Not yet released, it's based on photo's from Champion, MI. It was a connection for the Duluth South Shore and Atlantic and the Milwaukee Road at Champion, MI. I've got hundreds of buildings that aren't released, as I'm building them all for this route specifically. The DSS&A tracks are on the right, the Milwaukee road is on the Left, the Chicago and Northwestern are over the hills to the North. During WWII this is area was a prime source of Iron Ore, with 86 train movements a day.

If I released it, it wouldn't have the name Champion on it, it would be nameable, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

url=http://hostthenpost.org]
c6d72f3ef56c39dfea9a6d53cf99963b.jpg
[/url]

I'm also getting to the point where I finish off the insides of the buildings, it's a great place to hide funny things, I've got Sasquatches here there and everywhere. You can't have a rail road without Sasquatches IMO. All my Assets released with Tane have also been updated, but are Sasquatch free. I haven't been at this for years so It's going to take me a while to figure out what I did release, what I've update, and what I may release to further this game for the enjoyment of all. I'm sticking to wood because that is what they used in that area in those times.

url=http://hostthenpost.org]
3fce279bea3193c45a0490598cedf8fe.jpg
[/url]

Meanwhile back at the Empire Mine, custom Talconite Stackers have been built to handle the Volume of Ore being Processed, Those stackers are also laid in place from the Google Earth image, along with the length of the Transfer Conveyor above them. Right now I'm still in the process of lining things up.

Right now progress is being made on the "old" Empire Super Pocket Loader, it's a one Track loader, the generic one I have released is much smaller in volume, and the single Track Empire Super Pocker loader will be about the same height when finished.

Note Conveyors are just being placed to I know where to build them in the finished Model.

At the Same time the Double Track Empire Super Pocket Loader begins to take shape. I say take shape.

These items, since it don't have blueprints are based on google earth street views, so I have to go back'n'forth. a bit till I get comfortable with a happy compromise, between the real thing and this game. It's just a process.

But there is an upside to building your own models for Tane. Look at this Picture of my Generic Super Pocket loader on the Right and the Old Empire Single Track Super Pocket on the Left. Besides the Paint, the Loading funnel is the exact same model.

It's like building a custom loading dock, and then importing other buildings to it. Gluing them on, so to speak. I got so far with the super pocket then I just Glued on the funnel, the Dual Track Super Pocket will have 2 from of the same thing.

IF you want to build a lot of models fast and efficiently, you need to break them down into interchangeable components.

Also note that the funnel has a sleeve, so I can position it at exactly the same height above the load, so they look slightly different, but the're the same component.

Speaking of Model Components; The wood loader on the left one of the first models I built and was made by duplicated 2 existing Tranz Models, and then merging them to one model, that being a lift on the right and a loader on the left.

That one model I copied that is part of it on the left, the loader?

The funnel is too wide, don't you think? I need to delete that funnel and put in mine. I like that model, I think it's cool, and was surprised that it did not make it to Tane, probably because the funnel width is wider then a train car, Think?

I'm going to fix that for sure, but that's what you get when you copy someone else's dimensions. If they got it wrong, so will you.

BTW, I Really like this Host Then Post.

What I thought was so cool about this model is invisible paint. Look at the conveyor in the middle, it's surrounded by a square model building to building. the fact that you can see it is the square cylinder is painted with invisible paint, except where the wood is, that's wood paint. Crazy. That one find? Lead to all those conveyors you see in this picture. They are all surrounded by a Square cylinder painted invisible. Including the support posts. Infact;

The Generic Super Pocket Loader in these Photo's? Has instead of a conveyor inside on the vertical, has a cylinder inside on the upright, and everything between you and it is painted invisible, so that all you see is a Cylinder surrounded by a metal skeleton.

In the meantime the Empire Double Track Super Pocket loader just sits there, till I get tired of looking at it and finishing it. Like what's the hurry, it's been 3 years since I could actually see my route?

Last edited by a moderator:
More on component modeling, George Fisher who can build some really super models allowed me to reskin his Claremont Engine House on the left front, some time back, as you can see there is a method here, as all the reskins are matching up with other assets. Not doubt there will be some "room" additions you can merge into the Georges Engine house to make them totally unique.

I would have built an exact duplicate of that building, but George was kind enough to share.

And like I say, I have hundreds of models that I have built.

Last edited:
And just to put things in perspective, on how big an industry is in relations to common trains assets you can download. I placed my thing-a-ma-jig, (aka Mine Hoist), which towers hundreds of feet above Ben Dorsey's Commercial Company and can be seen from miles away next to the actual dimensions of the empire mine. Trains will look like aunts crawling around this place. Well, callipeters ...LOL. ie that Conveyor above those custom stackers, is a half mile or longer.

See, it's a matter of scale, an my stock conveyor is not bulky enough for this industry, but it's a half mile long.

If you have some pic's I would like to see them.

Basically what this route is, IS.

The Railroads and rail in the area till today, with nothing torn up or dis-guarded. It's make believe, as if when they started building they never stopped. The Zenith of this area, was probably World War II, but there are a lot of interesting lines in there which I am including in this route, like the Dead River RR. It's a game so I can do what I want.

And that is to build an area, and tell it's history via the rail lines which served it.

For instance; here is a Sasquatch at the Dead River logging site East of Ishpeming and West of Empire giving directions to some lost Hoosiers.

Back in the day, I had these guys cut down all the timber on the whole route, just to get around in TS12, things will change now.

Besides, the Sasquatch has been talking to these guys for years, and they still haven't moved on...LOL.

And when they do, a Prop on that Motor would really come in handy, but what the hey, they're Hoosiers....LOL!!

It's probably not a motor, just a tape recorder inside it that sounds like a motor.

OR, were them guys from Australia? Can't remember...

One of the things in Tane, which I am most proud to have particiapted in is this;

YR which stand for Yooper Route, BRIDGE TRESTLE BENDY; I had a brain fart and put it together in a day. The fact that it is kinky here has to do with trestle spacing. ie the trestles had to have been a uniform distance apart, which determined the length of the spline which determined then it's minimal radius, which this picture is not representative of.

And this is; The idea came from Jointed Rails, JR Dk Grey Dirty (Terrain), ie if they could stretch ballast, I just had to substitute ballast with trestle. Track on a Trestle and stretch it back to the Terrain no matter the elevation of the track.

And being track, and not really a Trestle or Bridge, even though that's what it looks like a Trestle, it's not. It creates junctions just like track does when it's connected to track, because it is track with a Trestle underneath in place of ballast. Try doing that with anything called a Trestle on the download station.

Not Possible, this is one of a kind stuff. There is nothing on the planet like that as of this date. I should copy write it, so I just did. It's free to use by anybody that has access to the download station, and that's it. No modifications will be permitted by anybody, anywhere or for whatever reason. Including reverse engineering for any purpose.

Next thing to do is get my loco's transferred here.

Found a defective asset;

It's in this section of the config file;

attached-track
{
road0
{
track <kuid2:506208:100093:1>
useadjoiningtracktype 0

vertices
{
0 "a.road0a_x"
1 "a.road0b_x"
2 "a.road0e_x"
3 "a.road0f_x"
}
}

It should read as;

attached-track
{
road0
{
track <kuid2:506208:100093:1>
useadjoiningtracktype 0

vertices
{
0 "a.road0a_x"
1 "a.road0b_x"
2 "a.road0d_x"
3 "a.road0f_x"
}
}

Vertices 2 should be a.road0d_x vs a.road0e_x

Is Streadway still around to fix this?

Mine is fixed

In this picture; Yarnish Intersections on Left, Yarn Intersections on Right

I notice that updates came out on Yarnish T-Intersections in January for the one in the middle and the one on the bottom. One thing is obvious from the picture, These Yarnish T-Intersections have no attachment points on the Right side, whereas Those of Yard do.

It looks like edits were made to that right attachment point and had this result in TS12. The Yarn intersection is at the Top, the Yarnish is on the bottom. Note the Alignment of Yarnish road.

Now this is Tane;

The Yarn intersection is on the bottom, and the Yarnish intersection is on Top;

I was in the process of replacing Yarn with Yarnish on my TS12 Route;

But I see everywhere I did, I now have the gap created by the January 2015 updates.

And that carried over into Tane;

SO the un-replaced Yarn Intersections look like this now.

Looks like I have these T-Intersections figured out; Top is the Yarn T-Intersection, Bottom is Yarnish, and in the middle is the fix.

All right 2 of the 3 T-intersections are fixed. The problem is the one on the left and in the middle are Built in Assets.

Ok all three Yarnish T-Intersections are fixed, point me to somebody who can get my fixes to the DownLoad Station

I don't want to release new Versions of the Same Asset, especially this kind. Because you can't just replace them all at once in surveyor, they have to be done one at a time. And this flaw go all the way back to the Original Yarn assets, Copied by Treadway into Yarnish. So.....

Every stinking one of these are all corrupt, except my 3, here now.

Back to an earlier shot; Defective Yarn Asset middle; Leads to everybody using Yarn or Yarnish in Tane being frustrated; Except me, I fixed it and the issue started with Maddy. Mine are all fixed now. Note the corrected asset now has 3 proper attachment points, before these intersections only had 2. The results of the fix are at the bottom, everything back to normal.

Yup, they're all fixed everywhere. DONE!

However, I'm not fixing Yarn Intersection. Nope they stick out like sore thumbs, and I was in the process of replacing them anyway. The're just easier to find now.

See they are really easy to find now, like that 4 lane Yarn Bridge...

That looks interesting!

Since you have TANE:
Would you consider turning that into a procedural track? Not sure if I wrote that correct: I mean the new track for TANE?

Well, to be honest with you, I'm glad I uploaded that asset. Because I don't know how the hell I made it.

I was just sitting here and thought, wouldn't that be cool if? And I just did it.

How I did it I have no f'n Clue. But I musta did it cause there it is.

It's like school you study for a Test back in 6th grade, and you ace it. You remember it, you don't know what the test was about, but you know you did good.

I remember posting that day I was building the Trestle is was raining outside. And I started in the morning amd was done with it that same day. I guess if I really wanted to know how I actually did it, I'd go back and read my posts.

But who cares, it's there?

So I really don't have a clue what you are talking about really.

But, if I set my mind to it, I could do it, WHATEVER it is.

I work on Inspiration and follow it to it's end.....I never fore think anything. I just get it in my head to do it, then I do it.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can go back to that day and post a link, hell I'm stupid! I didn't even know how to spell Yooper, and I'm from Michigan...LOL!

No I can't find it.

I remember it going like this though.

I was building my Bridge Track and I thought, I'd put a trestle section under the Bridge Track Spline's end.

I copied one from google sketchup, orange as a pumpkin, and put it on the end of the bridge track section. Put it into trainz 12, and it worked. All gappy and shxtty looking. But I made my own trestle, replacing the orange pumpkin and the only request I got was to make it taller. Only problem with that is, you can only build so high with wood, like stone. So you can't sky that baby 500 feet with wood. You need steel.

Maybe if you have time tomorrow you could make a new road network 100% compatible with t:ane?
Make sure it has more New pieces that yarnish doesn't have like turn lanes and angled intersections and more 1l featuring models and angled t intersections and y intersections and toll booths and bicycle lanes and middle lanes and bicycle paths And make sure it also works in ts12.

Are you stalking me?

I mean, I'm fixing stuff and everywhere I post, there you are.

So let me say this, If you want a new road system, Build it.

Don't ask me to do it, don't follow me around and expect me to do it.

Because by God, a Red Indian, Five Trout and a roll of Toilet Paper;

I'm only gonna do what I want to do, or need to do for my route.

I've been gone for 2 years and back for 2 days, and I ain't taking requests..................I'm exploring the changes....and seeing where things are at.

Period.

Last edited:
Maybe if you have time tomorrow you could make a new road network 100% compatible with t:ane?
Make sure it has more New pieces that yarnish doesn't have like turn lanes and angled intersections and more 1l featuring models and angled t intersections and y intersections and toll booths and bicycle lanes and middle lanes and bicycle paths And make sure it also works in ts12.

Since it's bothering you. Start your own Forum, and start doing it.

if you don't know how, surround yourself with people who do.

Nope, dude I'm not your crutch, if that's what you what, make it happen.

If you have time tomorrow???? For real???? Do you have any CONCEPT of how long it takes to make quality assets?? YARN roads are simplemodels, but it STILL takes time to texture them with quality textures.

Wawasoo- good to see you back! I use the YR bendy trestle quite a bit- great piece of work!

Today is work on signaling Day.

This set is off for Escanaba, Mi

This one too,

CNR is heading for Autrain, and the Steamer is aslo Escanaba,

Traffic Jam, hopefully they will work it out.

Clear...

Yup that steamer made it trhough Eagle Mills.

Now there's 15 coming into the Partridge partridge Yard.

Every thing got tied up in Negaunee, MI at the Iron Street Yard, no signals

Well signaling went well I got most of the traffic problems solved. It was the first time running traffic with all the original yards and connections in. If you look at the Rail net work it resembles a pile of Spaghetti, But if you turn 40 Loco's loose on it and tell them to go home, you can see how the connections were actually being made, between the Duluth South & Atlantic, Lake Superior & Ishpeming, CNR, Soo, Milwaukee Road, Wisconsin Centeral, Chicago & Northwestern and The Escanaba & Lake Superior. Oh Yea, and the Dead River Lumber Co. Rail Road. Between the invention of the Automobile and the onset of World War II, This area was the place to be. Oh, don't forget the coppers mines either, that's were all them dam pennies came from, Electricity needed that too.

Anyway when I turned them all lose it, took about 6 runs. But I got smart half way trough that, and then I set up those above RR's to go FROM a destination of there's TO a destination of there's. Then it got crystal clear how it all worked. It's a simulation right? So once I figured that out, I set out the Signals to make their Traffic flow.

Then when I got all done I renamed my file & Session. Exited the program and packed my datafiles, backed them up, then exited completely and came back in. And lookie here?????

Every Yarnish intersection had every traffic device enabled on it accros about 900 Square miles of Lay out......LOL Yes, Every Intersection, Everywhere...Bug, Glitch or message from the Dead?

I even from time to time sprinkle needed assets close to where they are to go when I'm give thing a good look over, Those were done too.

I"m wondering now if I have any up in Houghton?

Yup, Yarn and Yarnish Intersections. I know that one is Yarn cause I changed their color to Bright red to I could find all of them and replace them.

Speaking of Yarn & Yarnish, I know what this is now. Always 2 green and a Red.

It's Yarn & Yarnish 4x2 T Intersections that is causing this. See 2 greens and a red, exact same spacing. You could line the bottom photo, on top of the top, and it's the same pattern. Two parallel greens with a light red slightly higher.

It's the Ghost of Maddy25....LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back