The 'UNDO' Tab.

Ian_Coleman

I have seen warnings many times in on these forums concerning the 'undo' tab.
Apparently, there is a danger of the program crashing when this tab is utilised.

I have to say that I have been using TRS2004 since shortly after it was first released, and during that time, I have used the 'undo' tab probably thousands of times, and I have never had any problems whatsoever.

Is this exclusively a TRS2006 problem?

Ian

Last edited:
Nope, it strikes at 04 also, but afaik only rears it's head with spline 'undos'. It got me a couple of times early on - I recall about 10 miles of barbed wire fence that ended in free space way off the edge of the boards!

I use 'Undo' trouble free with objects or copy/paste, but am wary of splines and especially track....

Andy ;)

I've used the Undo button in TS2006 many times without problems. Perhaps success or failure has something to do with system RAM, pagefile, etc, since Undo uses these resources.
My system is 3Gigs RAM, no pagefile, Win XP Pro Sp3.

I always save in Surveyor about every 5-10min, so even if it crashes, I can't lose too much :)

FW

I have had it happen twice and it returned all Terrain height to Zero and removed all Textures except on the first and last baseboards I constructed.I have heard the problem is made worse if you hit the power off button on your PC without closing programmes properly.

The errors with the undo button also appear to happen when you are building a large route with hundreds of baseboards.

The insidious thing about the undo error is that on large routes it may destroy an area you have not checked for some time. Then you go on building away, unaware that your route has already been wrecked.

I have not used the undo button for years. Just too dangerous.

For me it has crashed the game many times and also put the terrain back to flat and removed the textures on a huge part of i map i was building.

I also dont use it because it causes so much lag just after.

Back