The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

The beginnings of the Control Stand

943d34a079eba7addd6938ae99a688ac.png

I don't know what else to say but DOORS!

c8a312443f35b9c6e7771ef202533a75.png

I'm liking the looks of that GE Barn... 'Bout time we had some to fill a much needed gap, it gonna have dual ditchlights like the real BC ones did?

I'm liking the looks of that GE Barn... 'Bout time we had some to fill a much needed gap, it gonna have dual ditchlights like the real BC ones did?

Well it's actually supposed to be a SD60F, but as it has went along, it has been looking more and more like a C40-8CM. If it were to become a C40-8CM, I would do the extra GE radiation and the dual BC Rail stuff.

Chris, terrific shots there man! I could pull up a lawn chair and watch trains all day in the kind of setting you're showing us.

Those are really nice ones there Rick! I like all the water. A fine job!

Dragonharh, those are looking pretty good. I like how all the grass, weeds, flowers grow right up to the track.

Gerald, I just shake my head in amazement at what you're creating. Awesome!

Cheers,
Jack

32f2d9f4dad2ce932c49caab5968b507.jpg

I could pull up a lawn chair and watch trains all day in the kind of setting you're showing us.
Great idea! Time to break out the lawn chair and start watching! If the route was in a better state, I'd send it to a few of you who wanted it so you could, but that's probably in the distant future for now, as I can't stop updating and adding branches and industries for the local shortlines to work! Errghhh! I got to finish those other areas too LOL, but I can't stop adding things!

CN Train puts the hammer down and runs it at 8

0f5418087d6648505dfc11e7e235fa67.jpg

f24b4fc42587cbca7869af815b5d80f2.jpg

967d9c85227b4fc5d1c918f2c52482ec.jpg

1626400db8330d8e9cf39d1a889c30f6.jpg

Well it's actually supposed to be a SD60F, but as it has went along, it has been looking more and more like a C40-8CM. If it were to become a C40-8CM, I would do the extra GE radiation and the dual BC Rail stuff.

Whatever it will be, it's going to be one epic leaser unit! MeowRailroad Leasing (MRLX) is probably going to sell some of the older SD45's and GP35's, and the SW1. Maybe we'll put cardboard ditch lights on to trick people into buying it. Apparently it's "illegal" not to have them.

(Note: I am not actually selling paywhar)

Nice ones Chris. I especially like the last one with the train pulling up the hill. Great shot! The Grand Trunk unit looks good. I think I'll have to get me one of those.

Looking real good there Gerald. That would probably be a year of work for me and then it wouldn't look that good.

Cheers,
Jack

Morning Gents:
Gerald the whiz kid is just amazing! I wonder if I stayed in school would I be able to do that? Naw! Well, my young friend, you MIGHT be able to find a coke, keep your eyes closed (ok, maybe take a little peek now and then) and hop up on the flat car.

Cheers .... Rick ....

You are too funny my friend! I won't look that long... (i'll pass ya a 5 every now and again :hehe:)

CAB PROGRESS!
27f0c58d96292ae5e850a8ec73d82173.png

c139f216d1e2db2b89974359605bec6e.png

e7bae297e20d19549800c6e7d25942ee.png

Another Overview of her, with a few things changed...
85fbf8c650edf1e1167cb20300e59f72.png

Not to worry my boys went back in time and stolen a 0-8-0 and a few cars we'll bring the beef, propane and firewood along with some beer and other party goody Hope everyone one likes fresh beef these cows wore just loaded. I think I saw a few boxes of fireworks in that boxcar too, and its all free we'll arrive in a few hours to rally get this party started.
2015-06-05%20135516_zpswvimgi0b.jpg

Morning Gents:

You've been showing us some great stuff Jack. Always well done and interesting. Seems like I just noticed your shots a few months ago and they keep getting better! As a reward for your fine work a spot has been reserved for you on the flat car.

That dang Chris is on fire! I think Erik may be one of the best, but boy, Chris is giving him a run for the money! Really great bud! Pick a spot on the flat car. Have a cold one!

Gerald the whiz kid is just amazing! I wonder if I stayed in school would I be able to do that? Naw! Well, my young friend, you MIGHT be able to find a coke, keep your eyes closed (ok, maybe take a little peek now and then) and hop up on the flat car.

Well boys, it's been a long hard old winter for many of us. Thank goodness that's behind us. You've all been invited to this year's train spotters party at Lawerencetown Beach. Not too many trains pass by, so I hope this will keep you entertained until one shows up. Oh, dang, I think the once a year midnight special must have come and gone. Did anyone notice it?

Cheers .... Rick .... as an old timer used to say at a local bar, every time a dancer came out, "How sweet it is!"
Yea I'm going to take one front and center so that I have the best view of the two babes on the stage :)
Thanks Rick, I try my hardest and am really enjoying how this work is turning out! These updates are well worth the time, and with my new PC, I can really make things happen that never happened before on the route.

Back