The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Well Rick, I think I'm a little late to the party. I imagine all the beer is gone, just a bunch of empties with cigarette butts in them. That post, the screenshot and the comments after sure made me laugh.

Good screenshot from Dragonharh as he goes to liven up the party!

Your project is really coming along nicely Gerald. It amazes me how much you have done in such a short time.

That video of yours is nice Roy, but it's so short, just a tease. Your route looks terrific!

Have a good weekend everybody,
Jack

Hey Rick, it looks like the party got a bit out of hand! Must have really been something last year! Thanks for reserving that 2/4 for me but I would definitely need more than a little help with that! How long did it take you to place all those bottles?

Anyway, here's another prairie shot from me.

Cheers
b26f10a9ecce9b069f862dfafa0a2c46.jpg

Monring Rick,

i love your shots they look so inviting!
Beautiful scenes keep up the excellent work and your skills/way of doing things/manners etc many trainzers could learn from it. :Y:
You can see I have those days I simply cannot find the correct english words, sentences but you know what I mean to say.

My short vids are teasers and anything longer not fits the purpose and memory it eats.
I can tell you though with some tweaking and tuning I can ran this route pretty well in T:ANE, but more and more I just want to sit somwhere in the route gaze and enjoy the panorama.
Your shots today9and other days) i love them the eye for detail ist striking, i know what it takes to make them and your enjoyment of making them. :clap:

Thanks for sharing.

Roy;)

Morning All; I'm happy to see that Jack and Roy survived the party! That WAS a nice little tease Roy! Jack still has the strength to show us another nice one.

Nothing from D and Gerald? Don't worry about D, that was him passed out on the stage, a couple of the boys tossed him on the flat car. From what I've heard, Gerald was kidnapped by the ladies. Well, that may be the end of his loco building days.

Well, here's a shot of D being dragged home on the flat ca .... oh, dang he must have rolled off!

Cheers .... Rick
Nah, he was kidnapped by the ladies as well. I managed to escape their chambers and will be working on my route again (Eventually, when I get a good day off from work, and I am not sleeping).

Funny stuff there Rick! And another great screenshot!

This one of mine is pretty near the location of the last one. CN mainline is just over a mile to the south.

Cheers,
Jack
eb041fcdbd688d8d0cc879e09c6e4879.jpg

@jackyamstel very well captured the flat land far distant hazy but distinct little details at the horizon for the trained eye.
Well well done.
Sorry if i forget some other great trainzers posting here in this thread many many so well done routes and corners and great pictures thanks all for sharing!
Rick what dry grass and shrub you used in #1983??

Roy

@jackyamstel very well captured the flat land far distant hazy but distinct little details at the horizon for the trained eye.
Well well done.
Sorry if i forget some other great trainzers posting here in this thread many many so well done routes and corners and great pictures thanks all for sharing!
Rick what dry grass and shrub you used in #1983??

Roy
Idem, I could not say better. Congratulation all of you ! Hey Jack, in which part of Canada do you live ?
Rail4Pete

Hello Friends; I'm defragging my trainz pc at the moment, so I'll put my shot here first. Then I'll get the info for Roy. This is the first of the causeways, this one crossing Cole Harbour. I just want to show you the small trees I'm planting near the tracks.

Ah, ha, so I see many others are enjoying Jack's work! Well done again my friend!

Morning Pete! Really nice shots in the Quebec Central Thread! Really nice!!

The defrag went faster than I thought. Roy, the shrubs are; JVC~(ST-1) Shrubs 1b, kuid:328583:4801, by jankvis. These shrubs move a little, I did not even notice at first. The grass is; GRAZZY Spline-E, kuid:37581:71, by therock. I'm not sure if they are in the DLS, I first noticed the grass on the JR site. Also, not sure if the shrubs were in the DLS or at jankvis's site. They were both freeware, so thanks to them for these great items.

Cheers .... Rick
pic removed

Yep, JVC grass moves because de ''(ST-1)'' means speed tree. That also mean it has to be replaced if you move the route into T:ANE...but that is not Rick's problem because he will not move to T:ANE ;)

Cheers,
Pierre

Speaking of moving to tane I'm starting to wish I never did bother getting tane with all the disking of it has turn me off form bothing with it the help desk is as useless as ever, my theory these days is don't bother asking for help because you mostliky wont get the help you asked for.

Grate shots guys! has anyone seen froobie ? i was wornding what happend to the DAR cars he started on. Roy I can't rember if I asked you to do a reskin or not I forget ?
everyone been soo busy I can't blam them.

Morning all,

Dragonharh yes you did asked me longt time ago for a reskin but i told you my plate than was rather full and now get a few Whopper burgers on top in an all you MUST eat contest so it will for sure take a while before i even can think of looking at it.
Rick thanks and yes the grass and brsuhes look pretty sweet the color change i know that was the good thing.
You never run into any spline problem??
Trainz in general has spline bug problems which i notice once in a while in TS12 and earlier......and clean up repair or worse redo is the last thing we are looking for.
Yes our dear friend JAN made wonderfull stuff and I had to replace those also when moving to T:ANE not a real problem.just do it. Anything with ST-xxx is SpeedTree related and has very gentle but distinct moves which makes the route more realistic and not heavy in poly counts(grasses). i made some myself now and will do so all with that same gentle and once in a while beeze move for T:ANE.
Still think T:ANE is the best that could have happened to us and now we ALL need more discipline and follow rules very strict to make the program work easier for all of us in the future.
BTW anyone has experience when making vid's i remember long time ago that ugly jerk stutter that occurs in any video (adobe flash related ?!?)is that now solved I heard in Chrome showing a vid should not have that stutter anymore but i still notice it is there same like in the BBC captioning of news on the bottom of the tv.

No worrys.

Working on another WHRC loco Ex CR#s 1968 & 4079 Ex#2003 this was the last trains to run on the Halifax Sub saddy they ran for 6 moths before being put away were they sit to this day unused the lines been closed for 5 years now.
GE%20B23-7_zpsu4b6lmbh.png

pictures%5C38517%5CWH1_9438.jpg

Back