cnr0-6-0tender2_zpsa204eddb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

another version of the tender:

cnr0-6-0tender1_zpsfff6eb67.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

both tenders,

cnr0-6-0bothtenders_zpse12ddce5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The tender on the right has a better colour match to the loco, on the left closer to the tender in the CNR photo I found on the web.

All five will be at DLS in a day or two...

cheers,
--Michael.

PS The Loco I used as a model is shown here: http://www.railarchive.net/randomsteam/cnr7439.htm

Good morning Michael! Hee, hee I wasn't suggesting that you do more skins! I was saying if the 3 you uploaded were your first, then you hit a homer with them! Thanks for the great looking CNR 0-6-0! It's good to see someone with skills doing Canadian stuff. Don't knock yourself out, remember to have fun on your routes!

Cheers...thanks again....Rick

Morning Gents; I see Michael has uploaded CP and CNR 0-6-0s. Nice job Michael, it's always great to see Canadian steamers getting a little attention....thank you!!

Still messing around. In this shot, I'm just coming off the first of the dykes, causeway, whatever you call it. Jeez, this is just the first "pass". It might be about a year before I make it to the end of the line. Then I have to start over, putting in the details. After that, again, with the "super" details. I may never finish!

Cheers...Rick
rickf77_20140608_0003.jpg~original

For Rick and Neil and any other CN fans:

cnr0-6-0tender2_zpsa204eddb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cheers,
--Michael.

Hey Froobie,

Great job on the reskins! There is definitely a lack of Canadian content in this area, so I'm glad to see someone is stepping up to the plate to help out. :)

Wanted to ask though...is there a space issue with the tender and the locomotive? When I put that tender with the loco, it seems that they are so close together that they are literally welded together. I can't imagine that would work well on any curved track! :D If I rotate the tender, I get a bit more space, but then the light would be on the wrong side (therefore meaning that the tender is meant to be the other way). Is this a limitation with the tender/locomotive models? Just curious...either way, it's a nice looking tender which I will find use for at some point.

BTW, do you plan on releasing any of the "dirtier" VIA RDCs? I could definitely find a home for one or two. ;)

Keep up the great work!

Hey Froobie,

Great job on the reskins! There is definitely a lack of Canadian content in this area, so I'm glad to see someone is stepping up to the plate to help out. :)

Wanted to ask though...is there a space issue with the tender and the locomotive? When I put that tender with the loco, it seems that they are so close together that they are literally welded together. I can't imagine that would work well on any curved track! :D If I rotate the tender, I get a bit more space, but then the light would be on the wrong side (therefore meaning that the tender is meant to be the other way). Is this a limitation with the tender/locomotive models? Just curious...either way, it's a nice looking tender which I will find use for at some point.

BTW, do you plan on releasing any of the "dirtier" VIA RDCs? I could definitely find a home for one or two. ;)

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

That tender really belongs behind an 0-8-0 and comes from Bill Neals's NYC USRA 0-8-0. It looked closer to the CNR tender. I'll release a pair of 0-8-0s as CNR 8397.

Dirtier RDCs: PWeiser is releasing an undec RDC-1 in a while.

He says: "To summarize, it sounds like the features wanted on an undec RDC1 would be,
- Select type of horn in the config,
- Choice of both ends the same, or textured differently; end would include the "forehead" part which is sometimes painted instead of silver.
- Longer name board,
- Front and rear logo plates (on the doors, as in the silver version, can be removed in alpha).

Other options might include pushed-out headlight (on top, with a fairing, as in some refurbished RDCs) or a mid-doorway headlight box. This should be a quick project to execute - and will be accomplished in such a way that those who have already reskinned the RDC1 can just transfer their modified texture files to the undec asset, changing (for example) just the horn in the config."

I'll re-skin the undec... and try 'dirtying' it up.
cheers,
--michael.

Thanks for your quick reply. :) And for explaining the part about the tender. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I'll look forward to your 0-8-0 in due course. :D

Great to hear about dirtier RDCs. Clean is great too, but I guess I've seen a lot of dirty trains in real life and they seem more authentic that way.

Keep up the great work! ^^

CNR 0-8-0

Hello all,

In regards to the 0-6-0 tender, here are two pictures of the same tender (with number 8397) attached to the 0-8-0 loco it was designed to be attached to:

CNR0-8-08397_zps3cba74a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and...

CNR0-8-08397Winter_zps9b7eeb97.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It turne out that the 0-8-0 understands seasons. The second picture was taken in December.

They should be available on DLS soon.

cheers,
--michael.

OH MAN, that looks really great! Michael, is there a way to put a CNR "license plate" on the front of these? My friend, thank you so much for providing us with badly needed Canadian steamers! I'm beginning to understand what a gimme pig is! Oink, oink.....more, more! Thanks again, Michael, can't take my eyes off of it! Just so you know, I asked to have a CNR 0-6-0 built about a year ago...at that time I didn't believe I'd ever see a decent one in trainz. Boy, I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Thanks yet again, I really like the look of her!

Cheers....Rick

Back again. I've been searching high and low for a CNR 0-8-0 with a "high head light". I can't find one. They all seem to have them in the "centre". The only photo of 8397 I found was of her in the shop, no light. there are 5 P-5-h showing on the CNR 1947 roster, in the Atlantic Region. Sooo... high light, no light, one in the centre, no matter, this beauty has a spot reserved in my roundhouse! That's pretty dang good, I only have a 3 stall roundhouse! Still can't keep my eyes off her! The wife must think I'm lookin' at a naughty site. I'm sure all she is hearing is, "Ooh, ah, what a beauty!"

Cheers....Rick

Mornin' Michael and all;

Here's Michael's CNR 0-8-0! Nice morning, 1956, Bluenosers are just climbing out of the stone age. Folks have all the fancy new stuff... nice new homes with indoor plumbing, paved roads....whoops, wrong side of the tracks!

Thanks Michael, we really needed one of these! I'll do my best to keep her in good running order!

Cheers and thanks again, my friend....Rick
rickf77_20140613_0000.jpg~original

Last edited:
Well Folks,

Time for some screen shots:
The first is a reskin of Ben Neal's USRA Light 2-10-2:

cpr2-10-2atSpearingstation_zps5c43ab23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How about closer to CPR: Grey body and black nose:

cpr2-10-2atsothofThalia_zps6690a87b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

(I know CP didn't have any tenders with a lookout...)

cpr2-10-2atsothofSpearing_zps7d3813f4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So I said: "How about All Black?"

CP2-10-2othersideofthestreet_zps820600e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I fixed the tender too. (Nova Scotia isn't the only place with "the other side of the tracks.." ;) :eek: )

A quick google around the web revealed:

CN2-10-2othersideofthetracks_zpse698aead.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You might notice this train is going in the opposite direction. CNR (a Gummint agency, at the time) thought to hire the Trainz AI and look, here they are, 267 Km from the closest CNR right of way...)

That's all for today. Next on the list is a 4-6-2. It's an older asset and I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to TRS2009/2010/TS12 standards.

cheers,
--Michael.
PS Rick: What's a "licence plate in locomotive context.
PPS I hope to see the undec RDC-1 from Paul Weiser soon.
PPSS Nice shot, Rick!

Last edited:
Great stuff Froobie! I have a model 4-6-2 CP loco collecting dust in my folks basement (for now) that I've always wanted to see in trainz. It too has the grey body/black nose and your version reminded me of it pretty quickly (I know yours is a 2-10-2, but still!). It looks great, along with all the other stuff you are pumping out.
Do keep up the great work! :)

Morning Michael and the rest of you Canucks and those who wish they were!

Dang it Michael, I told you I only had a three stall roundhouse! I never thought I'd see the day when there were too many CNR steam locos to choose from! The way you're going, I hope that is going to happen! Thank you, my friend, we sure need Canadian steamers. The good thing about my route is that just about any freight loco can come into the Dartmouth yard from the north end. Well, I'm not sure how big the turntable was, but it had to be big enough to handle a 2-8-2. I know they were the last steam locos used on the route from Dartmouth to the end of the line.

As usual, looking at your shots has made my day better. I'd even enjoy living on the wrong side of the tracks in that shot!

"Probably the most visible feature on a finely detailed CNR steam locomotive is the number board just below the headlight." That's a quote from "cnlines.ca". I've seen a few locos with "high headlights" and they have the "plate" mounted somewhere close to the centre. I have a feeling it may not be an easy thing to do. With or without the plate, I will be using all the CNR locos that you turn out! Just so you know what I mean, I have sent a screenshot of the 2-8-0 front end.

You probably know, but just in case, I believe CNR passenger locos used the round maple leaf "logo". I think the CNR used Pacific locos for freight and passenger service. So when you do the 4-6-2s, you can try the maple leaf out. It's not something I can use (on my route), but it does look "cool". (Don't forget to put the CNR "freight logo" on the Pacific tender, I CAN use one of those!) I'm having a devil of a time trying to spell "heroald" this morning. See?

Thanks a lot, Michael! You're doing a great thing for us Canadian fans of the steam era!

Cheers....Rick
rickf77_20140614_0000.jpg~original

Back