The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Hello all,

Here it is:

image removed

Due to geometric constraints, the waving Canadian flag had to be replaced with a Maple Leaf.

Enabling mail is going to take longer (if it's possible).
cheers,
--Michael.

Very cool Michael, though in all the youtube vids of the the VIA rdc's, I've never seen one that CLEAN!!! haha

Strange about the sound problems in the later versions. Personally, I'd rather live without the door sound, than a constant annoying opening/closing sound that never stops. Just a suggestion - for the the time being, maybe it would be better to remove the sound file for the doors altogether until the bug with the program is addressed.

Either way, we're all grateful for your efforts. Thank you very much! :wave:

Very cool Michael, though in all the youtube vids of the the VIA rdc's, I've never seen one that CLEAN!!! haha

[snip]

Either way, we're all grateful for your efforts. Thank you very much! :wave:

Darn it Neil! You pushed me down a rathole I've been avoiding for quite a while :'( The rathole of course is weathering. So, here is 20 minutes of first attempt:

viardcweathered_zps313fac65.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hehe....
cheers,
--Michael.
PS Paul's RDCs - the ones I've been re-touching - have no door sounds.

Hello,

Last one for a while:

CNRRDC-1_zpsa216a73d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mail next !!!!

Rick, got a spot near Dartmouth? :eek:

cheers,
--Michael

A westbound CP transfer from the eastern yards in downtown to West Toronto consisting of 40' boxes, throttles up past Strachan ave. In the distance, a CN 'rail-liner' train of four RDC cars picks up speed, bound for Sarnia.

Last edited:
Morning Michael: I just saw that CN beauty! I cannot use it on my route. You can be sure that I will download it! If I ever get the route done, I'll drive the heck out of it on some real routes! Also, I can't see the harm of using it to inspect my route as I move along. I think I have been on 4 train rides in my life. The first was about 1955, I was 4 and it was hauled by a steamer. I traveled from Halifax to HMCS Cornwallis (N.S.) in the late 60s on one of these (or something that looked like it) twice. I'm not even sure if it was CN, CP, or something else. I really remember the awful meals! We stopped in Kentville for lunch and had the driest sandwiches ever made. You had the choice of ham and cheese or something that resembled egg salad. I don't think one ever came into Dartmouth, you had to go to Halifax to get on a train. Now-a-days, I'm not sure if you can travel anywhere in Nova Scotia by train. You can still leave the province by train. Every now and then I hear even that may come to an end.

You've done a great job on the skins! Good luck with weathering! I think they kept these things pretty clean.

Cheers...Rick...I had no idea you were a "skinner"!

Morning Michael: I just saw that CN beauty! I cannot use it on my route. You can be sure that I will download it! If I ever get the route done, I'll drive the heck out of it on some real routes! Also, I can't see the harm of using it to inspect my route as I move along. I think I have been on 4 train rides in my life. The first was about 1955, I was 4 and it was hauled by a steamer. I traveled from Halifax to HMCS Cornwallis (N.S.) in the late 60s on one of these (or something that looked like it) twice. I'm not even sure if it was CN, CP, or something else. I really remember the awful meals! We stopped in Kentville for lunch and had the driest sandwiches ever made. You had the choice of ham and cheese or something that resembled egg salad. I don't think one ever came into Dartmouth, you had to go to Halifax to get on a train. Now-a-days, I'm not sure if you can travel anywhere in Nova Scotia by train. You can still leave the province by train. Every now and then I hear even that may come to an end.

You've done a great job on the skins! Good luck with weathering! I think they kept these things pretty clean.

Cheers...Rick...I had no idea you were a "skinner"!

Saddy Via wont be running anymore here last mouth I went to the station and spoken with them they told me were losing are train because of stupid CN wont to sell 70miles of track in which will kill VIAs servers here in Halifax are are government don't give a dam about saving the train. As for the WHRC lines that run form Windsor Junction and New Minas there talk of maybe running a passenger train honestly they need something here because to trains or buses means this place is becoming a hell hole. If you wont to leave the only way is to fly out or drive and that screws up alot who don't drive for very reasons.

Darn it Neil! You pushed me down a rathole I've been avoiding for quite a while :'( The rathole of course is weathering. So, here is 20 minutes of first attempt:

viardcweathered_zps313fac65.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hehe....
cheers,
--Michael.
PS Paul's RDCs - the ones I've been re-touching - have no door sounds.

I've been expanding my route a bit - can't wait to run these old girls on it! Sorry to sound like a Gimme-pig, but would you be able to let us know when/if they'll be available? Thanks again Michael!

Morning D: Just about froze last night! Good thing I love Nova Scotia...the way things are going, there's not going to be a way to get out! Just getting to the salt marshes now. I have kayaked through this area a few times. Going between the woodwork when the tide is rushing through is kind of scary. I've taken the coward's way out a couple of times, just paddle to shore and walk over the "dyke"!

Cheers all....Rick
rickf77_20140526_0001.jpg~original

Hay Rick

Ture I rember owning a t shirt that had lobsters on it in a trap and said "Help! We'er Trapped in Nova Scotia". :hehe::p Good times I went bikeing down the salt marshes 2 weeks ago at dusk.

I've been expanding my route a bit - can't wait to run these old girls on it! Sorry to sound like a Gimme-pig, but would you be able to let us know when/if they'll be available? Thanks again Michael!

I could post the RDC-1 in VIA and CPR colours now, but I haven't a clue how to upload to DLS :eek:
If you could give me a quick pointer to "How To"...
cheers,
--michael.

They all look good, bud! I keep looking at that dang CN model! You better get something uploaded before we all get a case of the gimmes! I really like the look of ALL of 'em!

Cheers....Rick

They all look good, bud! I keep looking at that dang CN model! You better get something uploaded before we all get a case of the gimmes! I really like the look of ALL of 'em!

Cheers....Rick
Rick & Neil & anyone else ...
An RDC-1 in each of: CPR, VIA and CN livery, is in the 'processing area' of the upload.

Enjoy!
Please post screenshots :udrool:
The remaining 3 RDC variants will be along.

Thanks to Paul Weiser; it is his work that is important! I just splashed some Paintshop drops on his work.

With regards to help on uploading, my wife of many great years is still trying to teach me how to lace up my sandals. :eek:

cheers,
--Michael.

Hey Michael - just checked out the VIA RDC! It's just was I was looking for! The cab is situated properly, and there's even a cool interior! I took it for a quick drive and it accelerates nice and smoothly too. Great work! Thanks again for all your work!

Morning Michael: Here's the little CNR gem passing Shearwater. After seeing these, I thought I had better have a look at what else you may have done! It seems these were your first 3 uploads. Well done, my friend! I'm sure many Canucks will be happy to get their hands on these babies! Well, I guess I will have to come up with some kind of lie as to why one of these is on my route! Maybe "Deif the chief" was using it for a cross country good will tour!

Thank you, my friend....cheers...Rick
rickf77_20140529_0000.jpg~original

Thanks Froobie!

There's a song that I like by a Canadian band that came to mind when I took these shots. The lyrics are really great and fit perfectly here:
"Me, I'm waiting / for something that does not come..."

Keep the shots coming everyone!

Back