The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

Nice shots everyone!

The yard does indeed look good escd84. Those two shots of yours are quite a change from the Vancouver area.

Erik, good job as always. The details are wonderful, especially the old cars and the two workers.

Looking good there as well CNSD40MRT. Those old Sd40s are great.

Still on CP's Wilkie Sub here.

Cheers,
Jack

1bedff1ab3b87eb1f3f2127c6c56035c.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIA6415: I use A LOT of different trees, too many to list, but most of them are made by "st_rmm", "Tram__", "jankvis" & "mcguirel" (free and payware), and I have also updated some of "dmdrake's" old trees so that they works correctly in TANE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93c35f28955c3502f5d52a0bf060349f.jpg

// Erik from Sweden
Dear Erik (ekankal), I'm really impressed by how well you draw the vegetation on your route. I understand that you use grasses of authors you mentioned: "st_rmm", "Tram__", "jankvis" & "mcguirel"Unfortunately, I can not find "st_rmm" on DLS. Is it wrong username, or his work is on other website?

Dear Erik (ekankal), I'm really impressed by how well you draw the vegetation on your route. I understand that you use grasses of authors you mentioned: "st_rmm", "Tram__", "jankvis" & "mcguirel"Unfortunately, I can not find "st_rmm" on DLS. Is it wrong username, or his work is on other website?

The username is ''rmm''. And ''st_rmm'' is the prefix he uses for each of his asset's name.

That was kind of you to help out Pete. I was about to do the same. I recently downloaded several of his trees, which are pretty good from what I can see. Unfortunately for us, the trees are named with a Russian convention, but I started translating the names to help identify what they are. In case they help, here is what I got so far:

kust = bush
sosna = pine
bereza = birch
elka = fir
ingir = fig - delete
oleandr = oleander
iva = willow
akacia = acacia
buk = beech
dub = oak
egevika = blackberry
evkalipt = eucalyptus
osoka = sedge
grusha = pear
kashtan = chestnut
kedr = cedar
kiparis = cyprus
klen = maple
lipa = linden
oreh = nut
osina = aspen
persik = peach
platan = sycamore
riabina = rowan?
topol = poplar
vyaz = elm
yablonya = apple tree
yasen = clear??

Great shots as always all!

Last edited:
Watrous Sub, mile 225. CP Wilkie Sub is just a half mile to the north.
The bridge is not like what is there in reality but it will do for now.

2c122e01bed95e3267acaa2a9a8eb2ce.jpg

Halifax Sub Update:
WHRC Just leaveing Windsor heading east twords Halifax.
2016-03-19%20114910_zpsjrvnocbr.jpg

DAR 6560 &6561 leaveing Kentvalle north bound for Windsor with
2016-03-19%20110904_zps2d0qyodx.jpg

Jackyamstel,

Love the look and use of the my content in your shots......... Just checking my PM's and came across your shots and wanted to say very impressed.....

ESCD84,

You're shots NEVER FAIL to amaze me :)

Last edited:
@mcguirel: Thank you for the kind words Brittany[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]!

[/FONT]Great shots here, agree MeowRailwood with the "tree tunnel", looks fabulous. And Jack, you shows us again a couple of impressive images. This is truly a unique work!

b9d2b57812ff1dc8f5a53e960a39f36b.jpg

8f1ae9d55a62de58b2e7f29458e7c896.jpg

a8760c0a3a47e7a7f15f3f301bd3a772.jpg

Nice shots VIA, the one with the caboose especially.

Thanks for the comments Brittany. I'm using your assets a lot. Really like the seasonal textures.

And thank you escd84. Great screenshots from you as always. What an incredible job you are doing with Vancouver!

Cheers everyone,
Jack

Those are nice pics sp9813. I really like the foreground in the first and third shots that shows what looks like an eroded creek or river bank. Good work!

Below is a CNR railiner (RDC) on the outskirts of Saskatoon and headed south to Regina. They used to run to Regina, Prince Albert and The Pas, Manitoba but have been gone for many, many years now.

Jack

8bef17a63f637dc12c936cfbd21a7047.jpg

Back