The Canadian Thread - Hi-Res images

The reskins look good, CNSD40MRT. I like the look of the bottom two the best.

My first screenshot in Tane. Two SD40s from RRMods pulling past the yard in Saskatoon.

Cheers everyone,
Jack

d38cacc05a13cfe48d930a2254f2821f.jpg

A lovely shot there kingstonflyer. I really like when one sees a long train winding this way and that. Good job.

Lots of goods going east past the south-east side of the city where a new neighbourhood is getting built.

Cheers,
Jack

fc2fe24afe1af02bf8977f7126c4e8ed.jpg

Matt, I am working on CN's Watrous sub. You'll see shots of the CPR sometimes as CP's Wilkie sub runs parallel a short distance north. It's hard to do one without doing some of the other. I haven't gotten much done on it lately as I've been too busy with other things.

Have a good one,
Jack

Working on making Laggan West a relatively passable route for the CP line through British Columbia. Redid a lot of the trackwork and some of the textures so far, but I'm still adjusting the gradients. Lots of work left to do, that's for sure!

Here we see a CP manifest making it's way through the Spiral Tunnels:

81f20e569b4991baeb79bfbf470ba077.jpg
4511860717f87641963bbd5450dd2581.jpg
b7bddd769467dc408611dcd71ee32213.jpg

Next up is to tackle that endless sea of the same tree over and over and over again.

EDIT: Ewwww, I just realized that the tunnels aren't the right type. Looks like that's another thing to add to the immediate list!
EDIT 2: The bridges aren't right either... Huh, I guess I need to go bridge hunting...

Last edited:
Figures I'd start to get the route building itch just when I have to go back to work. :eek: Haven't finished this area to my satisfaction but maybe I'd come back to it if I ever finished my route. Maybe next summer? We'll see. In the meantime, here's a shot going back a bit. Would be neat to travel back in time to see it if just once...

Nice shot Gisa. I like those diesels. There were still lots of them running around when I hired on with CN. And time travel would sure be something. I guess the closest any of us will ever get to it is to watch Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd with their nuclear DeLorean.

Cheers,
Jack

44d162a822893a343ddfc1b62a8a91f1.jpg

Thanks Jack, I thought I'd mix it up a bit. You could say I grew up watching trainz in the late 80's/early 90's, so they were before my time. When I was very young, I vaguely recall being on a GO train that broke down and remember getting off onto the tracks to walk to a new train. Seriously doubt they'd' do that now for safety concerns...however the engine was a FP9 if I recall (which to me, is quite similar externally to the F7). They must have looked something like this:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=222893

Yes, I know the VIA engine is different but with the cab shape and all is somewhat similar. :eek:

Anyhow, it's always good to mix things up once in a while to keep things fresh, right?

Great shot too BTW! Looks like a very relaxing route to drive on. ^^

Gisa, thanks for the link to that photo. I've never seen those old units painted up like that before. I really like those old units. When I was a kid we lived almost right next to the CPR mainline. It was great watching the trains go past, counting the cars to see how many they were pulling. Used to see the Royal American Shows train go past. For a kid of about 12 years old, that was awesome!

Those are really terrific screenshots that you've posted Matt! Thanks. I hope Rick sees them since he loves steam.

Here's some old diesel power heading out on the Rosetown Sub on a warm summer evening way back in the '70s.

Cheers,
Jack

30c9142ead4303663c625296f91f35af.jpg

Gisa, thanks for the link to that photo. I've never seen those old units painted up like that before. I really like those old units. When I was a kid we lived almost right next to the CPR mainline. It was great watching the trains go past, counting the cars to see how many they were pulling. Used to see the Royal American Shows train go past. For a kid of about 12 years old, that was awesome!

Those are really terrific screenshots that you've posted Matt! Thanks. I hope Rick sees them since he loves steam.

Here's some old diesel power heading out on the Rosetown Sub on a warm summer evening way back in the '70s.

Cheers,
Jack

Glad you liked it Jack. I grew up near a CPR line as well (sadly, not a mainline) but I also grew up near a fairly busy CN though, so it balanced out I suppose? I had some great memories watching all sorts of trains as a child. Good times...:) Great shot too Jack!

Back