the assets no longer exist..how can i fix that?

specter1065

I downloaded a layout recently and the annoying screen popped up "some custom assets are missing and may cause unexpected behaviour" when i tried to play with it..so i went to the station and looked for them and it said "no longer available.." so my kwestion is... how can i remove something that i dont know is there so i can go straight to my layout w/o having the screen pop up?...i would like to delete whatever is causing this to happen but i dont know what file is missing..where it is on the map..Ect,Ect...i just wanna play with my trains:( ....thank you's all
Specter1065

Look at the bottom of the screen when it appears. There's 2 buttons, click the one on the bottom-right. Or you could just get SP1, and blah, blah, blah, bla, bl, b, ...

Open the layout in Surveyor and select 'Delete Missing Assets" from the pull down menu. Then save the layout.

No more error!

Unless

Unless the missing asset isn't so much missing as not working properly. But that doesn't sound like its your problem.

And to get the menu you need to click on the Surveyor options words on the top menu - its not intuitive unfortunately.

Andrew

O thank you very much...now i have trainz to play

wha? dats all..awesome thanks and when i finish the cumbres and toltec i'll put it up for the whole world to see......SPECTER1065:D

Or, if you really want to be ambitious, Tafweb made a bunch of placeholder items available with TO. Take the scenery placeholder, change the kuid to your missing dependency and change the name, then import the content. It'll show up a a red and yellow exclamation point, but I could never get the kuid number to show, then you could decide what to actually replace it with. Like I said, if you wanted to be ambitious.
Norm

Back