Tane Thing

We were told here that the community offering was not the final thing so kind of takes the thrust of your wee moan away a bit. In view of that you should wait for the proper thing before making a song........

So you think, in the next two or 3 years when the game is stable. After service pack 2 hot fix 4 they'll be able to deliver on the promises made on this polished turd? Because I highly doubt they will be able to achieve anything major by the time the full release date. That is unless they have a golden rabbit hiding in their hat. And next time don't use a completely different graphics engine to sell us one that isn't even close to what you advertised

Last edited:
Your lucky, you've got your T:ane CE, I haven't got mine yet.
I opened a ticket on the 18th, only to be asked what level my pledge was, but after reading :-

"Now we have the T:ANE Community Edition, an in-depth sneak peek for all of
our supporters in the community."

This was an announcement, made by 'Cratey' on Oct.16th 2014, now "all" means everyone in my book & the OED, as you
can see above, I am a 'Kickstart backer', therefore I am one of those "supporters in the community", so what does my pledge level matter?

So far the ticket is still open & unresolved.

Blackwatch - did you try emailing the anewera email address?

Everyone else - one thing I will suggest to you is if you want things to work better, file bug reports rather than simply moaning that it's not working properly. None of us know what things are going to be like in February and so it's not wise to make assumptions that could well be wrong.

Shane

Blackwatch - did you try emailing the anewera email address?

Shane

No, because I looked at their page & all they are doing is taking pre-orders, they just want to sell it to me, which after TS10 & TS12, I am not
even going to consider doing without a sample or taste of what it is likely to be.
Jumping in the deep end with this franchise is tantamount to grabbing a power cable, not knowing if it's live or not. I don't want to get 'burnt'.

Good Evening Blackwatch
As we have been directing everyone to the anewera@n3vgames.com email address for this issue, this is our primary focus at the moment. As such, please contact this email address for assistance with this issue. We will also be handling the helpdesk tickets, however as noted in our Christmas holidays announcement, there may be delays to replying to tickets during the Christmas/New Years holidays.

Regards

If you go visit the Kickstarter page, you will see that 2 or 3 or the lower tiers did not award you TANE, but only tiny things or TS12 instead.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426668601/trainz-simulator-a-new-era-create-drive-operate-sh
Since you are hiding your actual award level, it might be one of the lower tiers, so maybe it did not include TANE.

It was one of the lower levels, but contrary to your accusation that I am "hiding it", I just don't agree with those who use it for bragging rights.
However, as usual, you only picked out the part of my post that suited your purpose, instead of commenting on what my post actually contained.

"Now we have the T:ANE Community Edition, an in-depth sneak peek for all of
our supporters in the community."

This was an announcement, made by 'Cratey' on Oct.16th 2014, now "all" means everyone in my book & the OED, as you
can see above, I am a 'Kickstart backer', therefore I am one of those "supporters in the community", so what does my pledge level matter?

Now according to 'Cratey' ALL 'Kickstart supporters', I am entitled to recieve the 'CE' edition, this is not the release version of T:ane, but a sneak preview.

contrary to your accusation that I am "hiding it"
I have the default settings, showing my level. You changed it to hide your level. Unless stating facts is now the same as accusations, I am not making an accusation but just stating facts.

You assume that I am only responding to what I quoted; I simply quoted the main question and answered it and tried to supply you with supporting information. They agreed to deliver what you pledged for; everything else is just bonus. Last time I checked a website administrator (Cratey) is not the first person to give you permissions on make legal statements outside the limits of just website activities, so unless you got it from Tony I would go with what I linked you: The rewards based on your pledge level.

Did you see how I replied to stuff I did not exactly quote?
Can you now stop making false accusations? I especially wonder where the "as usual" is coming from or what the hell I ever did wrong to you.
I am just trying to state facts, be explaining and/or helpful. If you have a problem with that, consider ignoring my posts, contact me in private or report it to a moderator.

I am just trying to state facts

You are good at it, but ..................

You are useless at reading posts, No my level of pledge does not give me T:ane, however (this is the important bit), 'T:ane CE' is not the release that I wasn't pledged to, 'T:ane CE' is (to quote a fact) "an in-depth sneak peek for all of our supporters in the community." so has nothing to do with my pledge level.

Circles?

You are useless at reading posts
Excuse me?
Serious, what is wrong with you? Again, what did I ever do wrong to you to deserve your rude comments? And no, "not always agreeing with you" does not qualify for "doing you wrong".

New fact:
You are needlessly posting rude comments for absolutely no good reason.

Let's see if an evenly rude reply (yet with facts) makes you realise that:
Why does your profile state you are 61 years old but you are posting like a little girl that didn't get candy (yet)?
Yes, that is the way you are coming across to me.

Okay, back to the topic at hand:
You also seem to ignore part of my post. I will repeat it (so this is the important bit) (saying that sounds needlessly childish, doesn't it?):
Last time I checked a website administrator (Cratey, the person you claim to are quoting; I did not verify this) is not the first person to give you permissions or make legal statements outside the limits of just website activities, so unless you got it from Tony I would go with what I linked you: The rewards based on your pledge level.
From that point of view it has everything to do with your pledge level.

Also consider the fact that he is human and might, "in the heat of the battle", forgot about the reward tiers without TANE actually being a part of it.
The fact that they are asking you for your reward level does give a hint in that direction.

I assume (but I am happy to be surprised if it doesn't) this will continue with another needlessly rude reply. I will leave this topic to rest, so enjoy having the last words or with the fact you are going to surprise me.
Whatever it is, be happy (with what you have or what you maybe will get).

Last edited:
Having read the many comments and seen some screen shots, as a bystander my old cynical brain says "Trainz a new experience" not "Trainz a better experience". I just hope the final product will be an improvement on TS12, especially in the texturing appearance which at the moment looks too cartoon like for me. I also hope producing track for procedural junctions will not be only for the super creators, as that is the main attraction of TANE to me at the moment.

oknotsen, what you are confusing is the FACT that the "sneak peek" 'COMMUNITY EDITION', is not the 'RELEASE' version of T:ane.

But have it your way, if trying to make you understand what I'm getting at is an "insult" to you, sorry, but I can't be responsible for your feelings of insecurity.

Back