taking the plunge

very true i have a lot of RED items most work fine some dont my bigest wish would be the abality to delete or rename items from the serveyer i hate that you cant i always forget what im looking for in the darn cmp amd the jps sometimes dont show what it is.

Well I got it, installed it with all green checks (once I deselectd multi monitor in the nVidia control panel). All seems well, Doing the tutorials adn what not and loocking for some way to get the manual onto a place that I can read instead of on the computer I installed the game to (to easy to start mesing around instead of reading, ya know;) )

Anyway, the version is not the 4- something. It is, i believe at 38xxx, ( Iam at work and I forgot which one it is.

It does tell me that there is patch available but it seems to me there is a lot about this patch taking a few hours.

Is this information still current?;

-disconnnect from the internet
-patch in safe mode
-wait 2 hours
-bitch about everything

okay maybe step 4 is optional.

?

Given where you live, bulpup, you might want to take a look at my Morristown and Erie route for TRS2006. It is on the DLS.

Given where you live, bulpup, you might want to take a look at my Morristown and Erie route for TRS2006. It is on the DLS.

EXCELLENT!! I was hoping that existed. Have your tried it in 2009 yet? I have the NJ transit running not 30 yards from my backyard fence. I see their locos go by almost every morning.

I want to make sure I patch up clean before I download anything though.

Last edited:
.......Anyway, the version is not the 4- something. It is, i believe at 38xxx, ( Iam at work and I forgot which one it is.

It does tell me that there is patch available but it seems to me there is a lot about this patch taking a few hours.

Is this information still current?;

-disconnnect from the internet
-patch in safe mode
-wait 2 hours
-bitch about everything

okay maybe step 4 is optional.

Well you could just trigger the Auto Patcher from (I think) the first menu and then "Options" but the favourite seems to be.......

• Download a manual patch from Auran
(They suggest using a download manager - good idea if you have an unreliable internet connection)

Make sure you get the correct one for your 38*** version. The latest public patch is from 3**** to 40040.
  • Disconnect from the Internet
  • Close any programs you have running.
  • Disable your Anti Virus program.
  • Run the patch.
(This could take a couple of hours or more - depends on your PC etc. - as it's converting some file formats)
  • Remember to re-enable you Anti Virus before re-connecting to the Internet.
Don't use the PC while the patch is running if you can avoid doing so.

No need to patch in Safe Mode unless the standard patch won't work.....

Might be an idea to run an extended database repair once the patch has finished. May not be needed if you have no custom or downloaded content.

And hopefully no bitching!!!!

Cheers

Chris

It was mentioned the SP2 patch does files conversions for compatabilty. If older content is installed via CM2, after patching, then it "needs" converted...........I assume.

Is there an automated process for this conversion or does it have to be done manually?

I assume a reinstall of SP2 will then find all newly added content and repair it which may be faster than manual repairs, depending on how many items there are. Would Murchison2 need to be reinstalled also?

What content gets repaired? Trees, locos, rolling stock, everything?

I have a bunch of "Old West" stuff, I think it was made for Trainz 2004, I would like to install and use.

Now I'm gonna ramble a bit. hehe

I just upgraded my puter to Windows7 64bit, added 4 gig of fast ram and a new 9800gt 1gig vid card. I must say TS2009 runs very, very well now. 4x AA and 16x AF with the view distance maxed. Murchison2 is absolutely beautiful!

It was mentioned the SP2 patch does files conversions for compatabilty. If older content is installed via CM2, after patching, then it "needs" converted...........I assume.

Is there an automated process for this conversion or does it have to be done manually?

Once SP2 is installed all subsequent content installed will be converted automatically by CM2.

You may find that some items that were OK in the old build show errors (red) in 40040. Most of these are just minor errors in the config file and can be fixed.

Chris

Well, I just want to report that as a new user, with XP SP3 already long ago installed, and a version 3xxxx Trainz 2009 disk, I had absolutely zero issues with an automatic download and patch.

I don't doubt that previous versions woudl have caused the problems that older users have had, but I bought the disk and just wentright ahead and let it patch.

No problem at all. I did start it a run an errand, so I don't know how long it took.

No problem at all. I did start it a run an errand, so I don't know how long it took.
Yea, That's pretty much what all of us do, I must say you've taken to it like a duck to water,....... but beware the more you get, the more you need, soon you will need a bigger hard drive, faster graphics card, more RAM, and a faster CPU, plus the latest OS, just to stop that slight stutter in built up area's. And you will wonder where all the time's gone.
Have fun!:hehe:

Yea, That's pretty much what all of us do, I must say you've taken to it like a duck to water,.......
Have fun!:hehe:

Well, I admit I am a die hard sim'r. Flight sim mostly, Warbirds, NASCAR racing online and of course. MicroSoft TS.

I am a little disapointed in the steam engines though. I though for sure that I would be seeing little changes in smoke density and color. MSFS didn't do it all that great but at least it did something. Some of the routes are making we wish I knew a few more languages, but other than that I am having fun with it.

Well, I admit I am a die hard sim'r. Flight sim mostly, Warbirds, NASCAR racing online and of course. MicroSoft TS.

I am a little disapointed in the steam engines though. I though for sure that I would be seeing little changes in smoke density and color. MSFS didn't do it all that great but at least it did something. Some of the routes are making we wish I knew a few more languages, but other than that I am having fun with it.
I use the translater from the google tool bar to see what the none english speaking users are saying. It helps a lot.

I use the translater from the google tool bar to see what the none english speaking users are saying. It helps a lot.

Ah. I was talking about some of the route scenario descriptions. In particular the narrow guage one that comes on the disk.

Back