T RS2022 Problems v.115628 - Missing Dependencies

Col_Klink

Greetings Gentlemen,
Is anyone having trouble with the Missing Dependencies on a finished element??
When I find any asset that says it's Missing a dependency, I'll find the asset, include it in the product and submit the fix. When it comes back,
it says again "Missing Dependency". I go back to see if it has been cleaned up and go back to the asset again and it will not clear out and give me a Modified
and make sure that the missing asset is good.

I'm really getting tired of fixing items with assets that are missing and the never take and clear up the problem.
Their entry inside the game menu is red and it cannot be used.

What is happening ? I've tried everything that I know to clear these up - nothing I do works.
Somebody please help. Almost all of my hair is gone !?!?!?!?!

The Colonel :'(

One suggestion I would make is to use the option "List Dependencies Recursively" as it should list the missing dependencies of the asset and those of all its dependencies.

I have a similar??? problem with a route of my own creation. On one computer the Trainz+ install (build 117092 set to the normal Trainz+ update stream) shows the route as having "Missing dependencies, but on listing all its dependencies (both recursively and non-recursively) there are no "unknown assets" shown. On another computer it (build 117297 and in the previous build 117092, both set to the Trainz+ Beta update stream) shows the route as having no "Missing Dependencies". In both cases the route works perfectly without any issues.

Regarding the missing "modified" label - try cloning the route first and then working on the clone, not the original.

The adventure continues and remember that it is a "game' (sorry, I really meant "real world simulation") and is not worth losing any hair over :eek: (my opinion).

Well now, as much as I would love to say that your solution idea worked, to my sullen dignity, I cannot.
I also have a problem of new loaded items (some of them ) load fine but have the "Missing Dependencies" note on the right side.
When I go to the item and check to see which ones, All are listed as usual working parts. Nothing is missing. I cannot get passed this.

Again, I cannot find the problem in this illogical issue.

Check for updates to any DLC and ensure you have any and all updated packages. I found updating the DLC fixed that problem for the problematic built-ins that said stuff was missing but wasn't.

Hey John
I've never had to update and DLC items. I did a right-click on everything I could with the new items I downloaded but nothing indicates
an update. For me, it was kust a "Rebuild the Database" and that didn't work either. How do I get that update to work ??

Hey John
I've never had to update and DLC items. I did a right-click on everything I could with the new items I downloaded but nothing indicates
an update. For me, it was kust a "Rebuild the Database" and that didn't work either. How do I get that update to work ??

Go to the content store and check for any DLC in there that needs updating.

Hello John
I went to the DLS Store and did not find any updates. I looked in each item (and there were plenty) and could not see any updates anywhere.
I know that whenever I had issues, you have come through for me and probably many others as well.

I am still stuck with the issue and have cheked with the version number - I am stable with this one.
Also, I don't go through any levels as I make a route and switching back and forth will not work with me.

I have this feeling that I'm stuck with this issue so if you have one more to try, I will send you a bag of gold, shortly.
Thank-you very much.

I'll give this another shot.

How about an EDR?

Press the CTRL-key while clicking on Rebuild database.

This can take a while if you have a lot of content, but it's not like it was in the olden days.

Good Morning John
Ever seen a happy camper ?? Well, the bag of gold you receive soon will offer a plane ticket to my home to see me as a Happy Camper ! ! ! ! !
Whatever that Control Key does is mostly amazing. How you figured that out is also a genuine gift to me. Thanks. Now, when I make a
dependency correction, it actually settles in and also has a screenshot of the asset which I could not get because it was missing.

I was right as I said that you have given me a much brighter outlook since I have just lately have taken on TRS2022 and the Gold
membership. I am proud to know you John and I shall be keeping you on my contact list for Class 1 Info.

The Colonel :udrool:

Good Morning John
Ever seen a happy camper ?? Well, the bag of gold you receive soon will offer a plane ticket to my home to see me as a Happy Camper ! ! ! ! !
Whatever that Control Key does is mostly amazing. How you figured that out is also a genuine gift to me. Thanks. Now, when I make a
dependency correction, it actually settles in and also has a screenshot of the asset which I could not get because it was missing.

I was right as I said that you have given me a much brighter outlook since I have just lately have taken on TRS2022 and the Gold
membership. I am proud to know you John and I shall be keeping you on my contact list for Class 1 Info.

The Colonel :udrool:

You're welcome, I'm glad I helped. I'll watch the mail for notification when the bag of gold arrives. :D

How do I know this..., I ran into the same thing and tried all sorts of actions to no avail, then as a last resort tried the EDR and it worked. The problem is we go through so many variations on a theme it's difficult to know exactly which buttons are pressed to achieve the end result which is sadly what you went through here. The problem is will we remember this fix next time, probably not.

Back