T:ANE On a low end Computer?

heyrey

Get of my lawn!!
My apologies if this was asked before. I am running low on time for now and needed to squeeze this on before I hit work. So anyways... Will T:ANE run on my computer?

-Intel Core i5 3340 Processor 3.1 GHz
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
-8GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM
-1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
-Intel HD
-16x DVDRW Drive
-8-in-1 Media Card Reader
-10/100/1000 Network
-Dell 1506 802.11 b/g/n Wireless

Just wondering. I would normally go to google but again I am running low on time so if someone could assist me in answering this question that would be great.

I think your GPU ( Video) is going to be the villain here. That's an integrated , onboard GPU, isn't it? From what I know, they are not very good for Trainz in general, let alone TANE.

Without a Vid Card, nope.

I have an I5-3330 @ 3.0Ghz Flat (Not OC either though).

I ran TS12 fine no Vid Card, but I knew that wasn't gonna fly with T:ANE. If you drop a decent Vid Card in there you'll be fine, but it'll depend on the vid card. Nothing less then a GTX 750Ti though (Nvidia, I forget what the Radeon equivalent would be), and that might be pushing it.

I just got T:ANE about 3 days ago, and the Bottleneck I seem to be hitting atm is RAM. I can run most of the routes ok, but Hinton is Capping my RAM out and providing low FPS (Of course, my Sliders are closer to the right then the left. I'm taking a break before I go fight with them, moving them Left might alleviate the worst of this).

I5-3330 x4 @ 3.0Ghz,
8GB Ram
EVGA GTX970 Nvidia SuperClocked Vid Card

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but hope it helps regardless,
-Falcus

P.S. If yours is a pre-built, expect to buy a Power Supply as well. I dropped for a Corsair (Don't skimp on the power supply, bad joo joo if you do), CX 750 (750 Watt, Ain't nothing gonna stop me now, lol). Also be aware that with a new graphics card you'll need to monitor your Heat output for awhile until you feel you can trust it not to burn your components out (Or like me, leave the side of the case off until I have the time and inclination to drill holes in and add a fan).

Well, that is what I would think would be the bare minimum (And in fact what I suggested as such, lol). Im sure T:ANE, at least the lobby menus, will load up fine for you even without a vid card. But without one you'd probably Crash your graphics engine just trying to load the most minimal of the routes. Don't even think about the bigger ones. 750Ti should at least allow you to run the sim. Also, after having done *Some* limited experimentation with my setup, it seems alot of the *for built* assets that came with T:ANE seem moderately resource hungry. It'll be interesting to see things like McGuriels Speed Trees and what not (One of her selling points is more efficient use of System Resources).

Also remember to check the Power requirements on the Card and compare to your Power Supply. And maybe think about getting some additional RAM (I think in the not too distant future I'm going to try to knock mine up from 8 to 12 or 16GB. When I check Task Manager and see one program Eating 6GB and I only have 8, its getting time to expand).

Good Luck,
Falcus

Back