Switching the track while a train is over it?

Truemac

Trainz videographer
Hello

I'm trying to film a video, and I need to switch the track while the train is still over it, so that I can get an affect similar to this:

traindrift.jpg

I'm using TRS06. Is there any way I could accomplish this?

Hello

I'm trying to film a video, and I need to switch the track while the train is still over it, so that I can get an affect similar to this:

traindrift.jpg

I'm using TRS06. Is there any way I could accomplish this?

I personally don't know of a way to do this. The junctions usually lock right before the train goes over them, so they couldn't be switched. Further, even if you did switch them, I assume you'd instantly get the derailing effect which would just be a stoppage of the scene, with a big red X or exclamation point.

Maybe some content genius will be able to tell you how to do it, but I would think about the approach of maybe placing a fake train as an object and rotating it so that it appeared to be on both sides of the track.

The program won't allow it. If something like that were to occur in the simulation, the game engine would have a heart attack. That's why entire trains derail if even one car goes off the track at the end of a spur, and why you have no access to the switch controls while a train is anywhere nearby. The engine won't allow there to be one piece of rolling stock on two tracks at any given time.

Wrong name...

:cool: ..."sadistic-anarchist" may apply here.:hehe:

It all has to do with the type of vehicle & exactly where it is place on the turnout.

The game is rigged to not allow turnouts to through under the train...but at-times it will occur...:eek:

I've done that in Trainz. What you need to do is "run through" a switch in the wrong direction.

I"ll try to explain.

Say you're on a straight mainline track with a switch and a diverging track just ahead. Set the switch so you stay on the mainline. Pass the switch and stop far enough away that switch will be operable. Set the switch to the diverging track. Back up through the switch until one truck is just on the other side of the switch. Pull forward and you'll end up with one truck on each track, with the results similar to the picture. You can only move a short bit before Trainz will derail the loco or car.

Todd

You can derail a car on a track in Surveyor by deleting the track spine under the rail car. There has to be 2 splines connections under the cars to be derailed. I don't know what it looks like in driver and would advise against saving the session, as I have a derailed consist become invisible in driver & surveyor once the session was saved and Trainz shut down & reopened. All consists derailed over this area.

Johnny

Johnny

There are two ways I can think of, depending on the exact result you want.

1) Run through an incorrectly set turnout in the trailing direction, then back up when you are half way through. This results in a derailment, but without the spectacular results.

2) Use invisible track to create the alignment you want, and then run the train on that instead of the visible straight track.

Back