Switch from Driver to Surveyor

stouthm

Get over it
Any news/info as to when the option to switch from driver to surveyor will trickle down to us who have just the standard version of TRS19?

As per the original plan from N3V. It will probably appear in the next major release of Trainz (perhaps TRS21 or 22). And before any one raises the old arguments of that being unfair, when you buy a new car and want the extra non-standard features you pay extra or you wait until those "extras" become "standard".

Or, just get Plus membership. If paid annually it's only $1.34 a week and it includes an ongoing FCT. I can't say if it's right for you or not but if you are interested in new features sooner, rather than later, it might interest you. Only you can determine that. I am not advocating one way or the other. Just pointing out it's available at what I think is a reasonable cost since the FCT is included.
http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

The item that applies to your interest would be the last one on the comparison chart "Regular new game feature updates." Plus gives a "new" update each quarter. But the downside is that the software may not be as stable. Or it may be more stable. I'd consider the quarterly releases "stable beta's". And if you want to go "full" beta you can do that with "plus" just by selecting the "plus" beta steam for your update stream. I keep 3 installs myself. An SP1 "Plus" install, a "true" Plus install (plus stream) and a Plus beta install (plus with beta stream).

Back