Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

Well it took me awhile poking around with the program to find the issue, namely the settings you were talking about, I thought you meant the game settings themselves, you know, Open GL vs Direct X, screen size & so on...

Yeah...
Eheheheheheheh.............I should've clarified. TS2010 content manager settings.

Eheheheheheheh.............I should've clarified. TS2010 content manager settings.

Well, unfortunately Supertrain is all messed up in TS10 as it wants to download the older version off the download station an not use the current version, so I kinda give up getting it to work in TS10 at all

It tells me it can't download the older version on top of that, I'm done fighting with it, got everything to work in the other games anyway seems pointless to even try to get TS10 to co-operate

Well, unfortunately Supertrain is all messed up in TS10 as it wants to download the older version off the download station an not use the current version, so I kinda give up getting it to work in TS10 at all

It tells me it can't download the older version on top of that, I'm done fighting with it, got everything to work in the other games anyway seems pointless to even try to get TS10 to co-operate
I can understand why you'd be fed up trying to get something like the Supertrain to work properly. I'd get that way too.

I don't use TS10 much anyway. It is enough that you got the Supertrain in TS12-TRS19.

There are a couple questions I'd like to ask you though.

I'll give them to you one at a time.

What about the Supertrain made you interested in it enough so that you'd decide to model it for Trainz?

I can understand why you'd be fed up trying to get something like the Supertrain to work properly. I'd get that way too.

I don't use TS10 much anyway. It is enough that you got the Supertrain in TS12-TRS19.

There are a couple questions I'd like to ask you though.

I'll give them to you one at a time.

What about the Supertrain made you interested in it enough so that you'd decide to model it for Trainz?

The fact no one else was doing it ;-)

Truth be known someone was trying to make it for MSTS and getting nowhere so I tried to help him out a bit

MSTS was too different from Trainz for me to help him out but I tried anyway

Also I wanted to see if I could make 3D anything, not that easy to learn

The fact no one else was doing it ;-)

Truth be known someone was trying to make it for MSTS and getting nowhere so I tried to help him out a bit

MSTS was too different from Trainz for me to help him out but I tried anyway

Also I wanted to see if I could make 3D anything, not that easy to learn
That is a perfectly reasonable answer, and I respect that. 3D modeling is pretty difficult, but the fact that you managed to get a decent representation of Supertrain into Trainz is an outstanding feat on its own.

I don't know if you know this or not, but the Trainz series has a new addition: TRS22. Will there be any plans to get Supertrain to work on that one eventually?

That is a perfectly reasonable answer, and I respect that. 3D modeling is pretty difficult, but the fact that you managed to get a decent representation of Supertrain into Trainz is an outstanding feat on its own.

I don't know if you know this or not, but the Trainz series has a new addition: TRS22. Will there be any plans to get Supertrain to work on that one eventually?

I plan on getting TRS22 once I get everything working like it should, the hope is that I don't have to do much to get it to work in that as well, just some minor tweeks hopefully

If not I'll go into TRS19 editor updater whatever it's called and toss it to be looked at by experts of this stuff

Okay, I'll leave you to it. Once again, excellent job on bringing Supertrain to Trainz.

Danke, made some headway on TS10 by making a Route from scratch as it was making more headaches then it was worth using a pre-made one

Danke, made some headway on TS10 by making a Route from scratch as it was making more headaches then it was worth using a pre-made one
Route building. It can be a hassle, but it is well worth it in the end. I'm sure you know what you're doing though.

Well I fixed the route by instead of going backwards from TS12 to TS10 , not a good idea at all, to go forward from TC to TS10, worked out much better for the route, working a lot better and with less errors to plow through

So the only game not covered by Supertrain V8 is Trainz itself after all this work, not sure why not gonna even try to figure that one out, my guess is too many changes I did to it to get it to work in everything after it

y0taa2X.jpg

Here's how the route looks in TS12, sadly it's a huge mess of blank textures on scenery in TS10, so folks will have to stick with the figure eight test track as far as TS10 goes, but hey the train works at least in TS10 so there's that

That is unfortunate. Though to be fair, all it takes is a little touchup.

I do understand the pain one has to go through though, especially since you managed to make the route and train work in the more modern Trainz games.

That is unfortunate. Though to be fair, all it takes is a little touchup.

I do understand the pain one has to go through though, especially since you managed to make the route and train work in the more modern Trainz games.

It is downright confusing is what it is, it's like why is this ONE game different, it might be a case of going sideways to get it to work, namely download all the seperate routes I used to make it in the first place to track down the issue.

Good thing I had the old routes CDPs sitting on my hard drive, I did that JUST to wrangle the route for the later games, looks like I have to do the same for TS10 it's just not co-operating with porting it from TC save (as a CDP of course)

Again no idea why this one is having the most issues out of them all, granted it'll help me if TRS22 is all messed up due to how the game has changed if at all, so far it seems they mostly redid the route editor for it, going by videos, the rest just seems like TRS19 w/ a new paint job added ;-)

Last edited:
It is downright confusing is what it is, it's like why is this ONE game different, it might be a case of going sideways to get it to work, namely download all the seperate routes I used to make it in the first place to track down the issue.

Good thing I had the old routes CDPs sitting on my hard drive, I did that JUST to wrangle the route for the later games, looks like I have to do the same for TS10 it's just not co-operating with porting it from TC save (as a CDP of course)

Again no idea why this one is having the most issues out of them all, granted it'll help me if TRS22 is all messed up due to how the game has changed if at all, so far it seems they mostly redid the route editor for it, going by videos, the rest just seems like TRS19 w/ a new paint job added ;-)
Yeah, I saw. Surveyor 2.0 does seem to change a few things. What's interesting though is that if you got just the preorder, and not everything else, you don't get the updated surveyor. I'm not quite sure, but I do plan on trying it out.

Yeah, I saw. Surveyor 2.0 does seem to change a few things. What's interesting though is that if you got just the preorder, and not everything else, you don't get the updated surveyor. I'm not quite sure, but I do plan on trying it out.
Oh? It looks like TRS22 gives you the option to edit in the old Surveyor version.

SHEESH ! That took awhile for TRS 2022 to get released, okay as soon as I have the $ I'll get it for 'Stress Test' #1

That means the train not the route will get ported over, 'Stress Test' #2 is the route

Hopefully things will go smoothly & won't need any huge overhauling of anything, granted IF we have to, we'll start from the last stable version of SuperTrain and go from there

Well looks like this will take longer then planned, forgot the route is a pretty large download

Testing will be done once everything is ported over ;-)

Back