Subway Routes for Trainz Mac

allenz

Hi
Not sure if I'm in the correct forum but I got Trainz Mac and been through a few of the tutorial scenarios.

I'd like to get some subway stuff because I'm an old Subway worker ;-) NYC or London (Tubes or District). Any electric commuter stuff. I'm not quite into building yet though.

Can anyone direct me to the correct forum or tell me if there's downloads for the Mac version?

Thanks
Allen

Hope this helps

Greetings allen,

For subway equipment, their is a reasonable amount of NYCTA equipment on the DLS. Search NYCTA and you will find a lot of items. For london Underground, there are a few trains here and there, the one of the DLS by spanner needs a little fixing but will work in TS Mac.

May I recommend the UF-Frankfurt available from TrainzDepot, it is very very good but may have a few errors. All but one of these errors can be fixed, however it is well worth a look at it. The russian metro is also very good as well, several routes dotted around here and there. I can post the narod link to the Zamoskvoetskaya line if you would like it :)

Regards

Johan

Hello Johan

Wow! Thanks very much. I'd be interested. Sorry but what's DLS? I'm quite new to all this. As far as 'fixing' I suppose I'll get more knowledge as I use the program.

Thanks again for your quick reply.
Allen

Hello Johan

Wow! Thanks very much. I'd be interested. Sorry but what's DLS? I'm quite new to all this. As far as 'fixing' I suppose I'll get more knowledge as I use the program.

Thanks again for your quick reply.
Allen

Greetings,

The DLS is the Trainz Download Station. People who have created content either upload to the DLS, a 3rd party hoster of their choice or not at all.

Click on the download station button on the top bar with all the buttons, and follow the on screen instructions.

The fixing of spanner's asset is very simple, if you wish to know how to do it, feel free to private message (pm) me. To private message click on my user id in blue and click private message.

Here is the narod.ru link to the zamoskvoretskaya line if you wish to have it: http://narod.ru/disk/55067557001.bd1...Metro.cdp.html

Hope this helps.

Johan :)

Last edited:
Hi Johan

Well I tried to DL 6 items in my DL cart at the DLS but it says content is invalid? So I guess I don't have the NYCTA Route and some cars.

Hi Johan

Well I tried to DL 6 items in my DL cart at the DLS but it says content is invalid? So I guess I don't have the NYCTA Route and some cars.

That is most odd.

Make sure you have selected the content that is the same as or lower than your Trainz build number. For example, if your build number is 3.3, then you can download and successfully use 3.3 and lower items. You cannot use any with a higher build number as they will come up faulty.

Try using the FTP link on the download station or downloading directly from the content manager. I am not experienced with Trainz on Mac but have a reasonable know how on the other items run on a mac.

Regards

Johan

Hello Johan, the actual DLS page doesn't work on TS:MAC.

@allenz:
Click on manage content. Then you will see a bar that says installed. Click on that and change it to custom. Then you will see a bar that says "Asset KUID". Change that do name. Then type in NYCTA. The ones that work on MAC are the ones that start with either NYCTA BMT or IRT or IMT or something like that. Right-click (control-click) on those and click "download". Then there is also a route called "chicago metro 3" that includes a subway section, so you can search that and download it too. It will show up as missing dependencies but that shouldn't matter. However, chicago metro may take up to a day to download.

Exactly, The DLS on auran website only works for windows operating systems ect, mac uses the manage content in the dlittle window that pops up when you click on trainz

If you get something red like missing dependencies, thats ok, just right click and press view dependencies, it will show a list of installed assests, if one of them in the list werent downloaded, download that, because its missing for the train,

If you get a red text saying, faulty or faulty dependencies, no one can really help you, unless your a good coder ect

IF there are anymore problems tell me :p

(type in london underground trainz in google and a forum will show, click on the result saying 'list of london underground stock' it will show you from there :D)

Back