Submitting Ticket??

boleyd

I am trying to submit a ticket relative to the "Speed Key" (SHIFT when train is moving). In the latest update (123794) the SHIFT key being depressed, while the train is moving under AI control, does nothing. It has, in the past, caused the program to operate at a faster displayed speed and was quite useful.

However, when trying to submit a Ticket I am told to click on the Trouble Shooter button first. It does nothing except cycle the display. I enter the term "Speed Key Not Working" and it tells me to once again click on Trouble Shooter field. Just a continuous circle. Is there a valid ticket entry process I can use?

The ticket system is confusing. There used to be a way to submit a ticket for things that aren't on the list. I haven't used the helpdesk ticketing system in ages and I don't remember where that is exactly.

Before you attempt the ticket again and become utterly frustrated, have you checked the option to enable debug options in Trainz.

While in TRS22/PE or Plus, click on the 3-bars in the upper left corner.
Click on settings, and then choose General settings at the top.
The option to Enable debug features (may disable achievement progress) is the option you want and is located 2nd from the bottom.

Well, the Debug Features was already selected. BUT, while there I also selected Enable Free Camera. And now the little bugger moves along the track at High Speed.

The question now is - the need for two on selections - is that universal?

As for the ticket.. Read what it says in the center of the page.."New Help Desk Requirement" -
We will assist users with problems related to orders, downloading, installation or access only.

As for the ticket.. Read what it says in the center of the page.."New Help Desk Requirement" -
I need to use care in my response. The safest thing I can say is that I am shocked. :censored: We will assist users with problems related to orders, downloading, installation or access only.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I now feel quite foolish for missing that. Perhaps the fact that it is beyond anything a normal company would say just prevented that interpretation. Tony, are we off-base here or do you standby this interpretation of your trouble reporting system?
-------------------------
Apparently there is a path to report functional issues as outlined by Zec Murphy below.

Last edited:
try the Right Control key and the Up arrow it has seemed to have been changed to that combination keybinding! Works in TRS2022 Standard SP5

Hi All
Just to confirm, most options on the helpdesk's troubleshooter will take you to a ticket entry form (so long as you are signed in on the helpdesk website). This has been the case since we introduced the troubleshooter, and no options have been removed from this in the last few years.

The 'new helpdesk requirement' text has been on the helpdesk for a few years now, and we do generally provide support for using Trainz, however the vast majority of issues are able to be solved either through the knowledgebase, or the troubleshooter, or via the forums/discord. :)

If you need to submit a ticket, start by clicking on the button labelled 'troubleshooter & ticket submission', and then choose the best options for what you are seeing and follow the prompts.

Regars

Back