Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Also posted in other threads:

KabFourword_08.jpg

KabFourword_09.jpg

Speaking of WM,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route, Baltimore Harbor, WM Port Covington Terminal.

Sparrow Point Steel Foundry

That pretty much covers the Baltimore waterfront on the Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route. Only about 1000 more miles of track to cover. :hehe:

Last edited:
PRR #4548, out of Uniontown bound for Greensburg and points north with iron ore, coal, and manufactured goods, pauses to add a short string of coal hoppers at the Fayette Mine just south of Dunbar.

The Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route :D

The #4548 doghouse Brakeman enjoys company coffee while rumbling though Dunbar, past the PRR-B&O Dunbar Interchange, the B&O-WM's Bowest Interchange, WM's Bowest Yard, and begins the 1.5% grade down into the Youghiogheny River valley.

PRR's #4548 passes under the WM mainline and past the PRR-WM Greenwood Interchange at the bottom of the grade. On her left is WM's Greenwood Yard and on her right is the massive B&O Connellsville Yard across the river. She passes through PRR's Connellsville wyw where the line from Leisenring joins, enters Connellsville, and crosses the Youghiogheny River and the B&O mainline.

After winding through Connellsville, and passing the small PRR Connellsville Yard, and the PRR-B&O Connellsville Interchange #4548 begins to accelerate up the 1% grade out of the valley passing the Scottdale Power Station on her way off the map.

This is the westmost PRR segment on the Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route and, although it is only about 10 miles long, there are a lot of possibilities for fun.

:wave:

Edit: You would think that I couldn't miss anything in a ten mile stretch but, sure enough, I missed mentioning the PRR-P&WV Interchange between Connellsville and the Scottdale Power Station.

Edit again: I should mention that the Leisenring branch is 2 miles long and features a 1.5% grade, a large coal mine, and a PRR-P&LE Interchange.

:wave:

Last edited:
Spring has started down in Winchester KY. as the Railfan has caught a PRR decapod coming through with a string of empties in tow. In the last picture lucky for the passengers of Winchesters skytrain then have installed new electrical air conditioning in all of the new coaches.

xOueAZE
xOueAZE.jpg

ka8ag8y.jpg

ENBKfS7.jpg

gzQIUid.jpg

Dave

Back