Spline texture shadow problem

BtGio99

Hello, I don't understand why, after modeling and texturing using m.pbrmetal, the spline casts a weird shadow (based on sunlight) at the exact point where the spline repeats.
You can see the problem in the photos. Using m.onetex fixes the problem. Thanks

G2osjen.jpg
RXLrn09.png

I don't think this is a PBR issue as such- I think the effect is being caused by Trainz wrongly trying to smooth the transition between the end, in shadow, and the top surface in direct light. Unless told otherwise, Trainz thinks that the end and top surfaces are part of a smooth surface and it's doing its best to shade accordingly.

The edges of the faces that make up the end of the segment may need to be split from the rest of the model.

R3

I don't think this is a PBR issue as such- I think the effect is being caused by Trainz wrongly trying to smooth the transition between the end, in shadow, and the top surface in direct light. Unless told otherwise, Trainz thinks that the end and top surfaces are part of a smooth surface and it's doing its best to shade accordingly.

The edges of the faces that make up the end of the segment may need to be split from the rest of the model.

R3
Thank you, it was the end segment faces!

Back