Sound

Try this:
  1. Open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel.
  2. On the Audio tab, under , in the Default device box, click the device you want to use, and then click Advanced.
  3. In the Advanced Audio Properties dialog box, configure performance settings for sound hardware acceleration and audio rate conversions.
Oh and yes I DO know how weird it is to try to work on a PC loaded with Windows in a different language! It's even MORE fun when the actual keyboard is laid out totally different...:eek:

Errr... Yeah. this keyboard doesn't follow querty setup at all. any game requiring WASD is useless on here!!!

edit: Hmmmm didn't solve the choppy audio during DVD playback on my Aunty's machine. Oh well! but it might cure the TRS sound bug when i get home. I shall endevour to let you know!

regards

Harry

Last edited:
Resolve your DVD choppiness by going to the properties of the DVD drive and making sure DMA is turned on for the drive. If it is operating in PIA mode, it will cause choppiness due to the lower bandwidth abilities of the drive.... Try it out and let me know. I had the same problems before, and this fix them both times....

Cheers

Made a (small) difference for me too

I adjusted my sound hardware accelleration and noticed some improvement.

Even with the sound issue, I give Trainz 9.5 out of 10 stars :D

Back