So much better than T:ANE

I'd love to purchase it from the Trainz store when released but with the site displaying the cost in USD, the conversion to AUD equals almost $100!

I'd love to purchase it from the Trainz store when released but with the site displaying the cost in USD, the conversion to AUD equals almost $100!

Two possible strategies.

1. Wait for the Aussie $ to rise against the US$ - currently it is at a low point.
  2. Wait for the inevitiable sale

Two possible strategies.

1. Wait for the Aussie $ to rise against the US$ - currently it is at a low point.
  2. Wait for the inevitiable sale

Good strategies. Will have to just wait and see.
Maybe it'll appear in a game store like EB games eventually.

Or it will eventually turn up on Steam at which point you can wait for one of their periodical sales.

Just put one of the kids up for sale David you could afford it then and still have a ton of change left over mate lol, Just kidding of course but considering how much I hated Tane when it was first released and how it was released with the faults and bugs TRS2019 is miles ahead of it far as I'm concerned mate.
Cheers Mick.

... but considering how much I hated Tane when it was first released and how it was released with the faults and bugs TRS2019 is miles ahead of it far as I'm concerned mate.

Yes it has been "chalk and cheese". I would think that N3V learned many lessons from the TANE experience although one has to admit that much of what happened with TANE on its initial release was, it is rumoured, due to contractual agreements and out of N3Vs hands. Never-the-less, TRS19 Early Release while not perfect, is, as you stated, miles ahead.

As for the DRM controls being added to freeware - can you give examples? I have not come across this.

I have come across it in the early access beta builds with the DRM on freeware as for an example...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The "SW1500 IORY 1501 Indiana & Ohio Railway":Although N3V has updated it to TRS2019... they should not put DRM on it still,as it was freeware on the DLS.

The watertank shouldn't have DRM ether...

The C&O coal gondola (Which was included in the USATC S160 payware for me.) is FREEWARE at jointedrail... so it should not have DRM.

And these roundhouses are also freeware on the DLS. I would just scrap the whole "DRM everything we "update" for the new version of Trainz" crap. As on the horrid lighting,yes it can be adjusted,and I'm thankful that the zombie drivers will soon be optional.

Two of those assets are showing as "Built in", not Payware, on my copy of TRS19

<kuid2:86661:144043:3> SS Watertank 01v2
<kuid2:522774:100052:1> 297 120 ft Roundhouse

There was another thread on this issue. I believe it is a "bug" that certain items are being incorrectly labelled by CM.

Hi All
In regards to the 'payware' indication, this is an automatic process based upon the location of the content when processed by our packaging system.

If the content is available on the Download Station, then it is marked as 'built-in' when in Trainz.

If the content is not available on the Download Station, then it is marked as 'payware' when in Trainz.

This is to ensure that all payware content is correctly flagged as payware. Any content from 3rd party websites is, there for, flagged as 'payware' within Trainz.

If you have access to the freeware content from the original website, then this should be possible to install over the top of the content in TRS19. However please keep in mind that doing this will break any multiplayer sessions that use that content.

hello,

Since i get Early-Acess to TRS 19 im still use it only. TRS 19 is so much different trainzing. Many Years of Trainversions til TANE we keep the "Walt Disney" feeling.
TRS 19 Stop them all....many Modells look more realistic, no more plastic feeling. im put many of old stuff to TRS19. TANE is my ressource. im proud again i was Backer of TANE so Trainz keep alive and born TRS19:cool:

regards

@spalterbockerl

Everything that should cast a shadow now does so. Small bumps in terrain do show a shadow. Thus the lighted areas stand-out more and the the program exhibits what we see in our own real worlds. The amazing thing is that the impact to frame-rates is minimal. From what I see in Task Manager the GPU (video card) is being utilized more as that trend started a few years ago. That special CPU can add and subtract so why not use its extra capacity. There is sufficient adjustment in Environment to drop the sunlight to enhance this new capability and then use the overall brightness slider to compensate, if needed. Remember shadows are not black, they come close on a bright day but humidity, dirt and clouds disperse the light and it becomes more random thus those shadows still reveal the ground beneath them.

I just watched the 'simple Route V2' video on Youtube and I can see that TS2019 is gradually getting there. Still some noticeable glitches with a few things though, but overall not too bad. Once my Xeon computer 'Deeper Thought' is rebuilt I'll come back for another look at TS2019 and see what I think.

I just watched the 'simple Route V2' video on Youtube and I can see that TS2019 is gradually getting there. Still some noticeable glitches with a few things though, but overall not too bad. Once my Xeon computer 'Deeper Thought' is rebuilt I'll come back for another look at TS2019 and see what I think.

And, I think by the time it is released it will be there! :)

TRS 19 is so much different trainzing. Many Years of Trainversions til TANE we keep the "Walt Disney" feeling.
TRS 19 Stop them all....many Modells look more realistic, no more plastic feeling... im proud again i was Backer of TANE so Trainz keep alive and born TRS19:cool:

I totally agree. It has been quite a ride from the early days.

The important question is always "are we there yet"? Probably not and we will never achieve the perfection demanded by the critics but that is OK as it keeps the "goal posts" moving and prevents complacency.

The launch of TRS19 has to be considered as an overwhelming success compared to the launch of T:ANE if the only major complaints seen in these forums are about the initial environmental (lighting) settings, which are easily fixed.

I am also proud to have been a Kickstarter Supporter.

I just noticed that in beta build 97513 those "Zombie Drivers" can be "crushed, vanquished, sent to the hot place they came from" (or whatever it is they do with zombies in those ridiculous "Walking Dead" TV shows) and replaced by near normal static images like in TANE and TS12.

In Driver click the Track Profile Settings icon (the spanner in a gear wheel just above the Zombie head) and disable Animated Portraits. Best of all, TS19 will remember this setting when you next start up TS12.

Grrrrrrr ... Eat Brains ...... Grrrrrrr

I just noticed that in beta build 97513 those "Zombie Drivers" can be "crushed, vanquished, sent to the hot place they came from" (or whatever it is they do with zombies in those ridiculous "Walking Dead" TV shows) and replaced by near normal static images like in TANE and TS12.

In Driver click the Track Profile Settings icon (the spanner in a gear wheel just above the Zombie head) and disable Animated Portraits. Best of all, TS19 will remember this setting when you next start up TS12.

Grrrrrrr ... Eat Brains ...... Grrrrrrr

This was in the previous build also.

I like the animated drivers in some cases, others not so much. Hopefully like everything else in the game, it will improve with time.

What would be nice is, if when you select to not use animated images, the selection also applied to this screen. (see image) I like to have this window open often at certain times and right now it's just to big and a screen hog. If the images were smaller, the entire window could also be smaller.

Last edited:
I have been working on the environmental settings on my route to try to get the lighting right.

What I have found is that I can adjust the lighting really good at the 12 noon setting. When I run the trains at noon the lighting is really good. I am having a problem at the 10 am setting. This is the time of day that I get the washed out colors very bright lighting. I would think that the 12 o'clock setting would be the most difficult to work with since the sun is directly overhead and in real life has the harshest light. For a photographer the most difficult time to take a good picture is at noon. The mornings and evenings are the best when the light is "less harsh" and the colors are much richer. I find the exact opposite in TRS 2019. I guess I will have to run my trains at noon instead of the morning hours.

This may explain why some people are having good results with the lighting and some are struggling. It might depend upon the time of day they are trying to get 'realistic' lighting from all angles. From my experience the slider settings and the dial settings are more effective in achieving lighting realism during some hours then others.

I find that using shades of grey for the sun and ambient colours works best. You get 256 different grey scale shades to choose from including black and white.

Back