Signals - Victorian Railways (Aust)

wolf_2006

Looking at generating a fictitious route using Victorian Railways stock and scenery. Does anyone know of any signals already generated other than the excelent semophore signals on the DLS that might be around. Looking especially for the 2 and 3 positon light signals and also gantry signals.
Thanks for your help in advance.

G'day wolf_2006,

As far as I know, no-one has released anything specifically based on the VR's distinctive three position light signals. I think most people seem to make use of the NSW ones that are available, albeit with their improper operation. Maybe this is something we should look into at VicTrainZ? However, if there are any examples of the American GRS2A type Upper Quadrant Semaphores available on the DLS, then these can be used "at a pinch" to represent the three position semaphores that were, until recently, a major feature of our Suburban system. Given the vagueness of the Trainz operating script, though, they may not work prototypically for our purposes.

Gantries? Hmmm??? Another of those 'projects' we really should look into over at VicTrainZ but we are so bogged down with things as it is...

Jerker {:)}

G'day wolf_2006,

As far as I know, no-one has released anything specifically based on the VR's distinctive three position light signals. I think most people seem to make use of the NSW ones that are available, albeit with their improper operation. Maybe this is something we should look into at VicTrainZ? However, if there are any examples of the American GRS2A type Upper Quadrant Semaphores available on the DLS, then these can be used "at a pinch" to represent the three position semaphores that were, until recently, a major feature of our Suburban system. Given the vagueness of the Trainz operating script, though, they may not work prototypically for our purposes.

Gantries? Hmmm??? Another of those 'projects' we really should look into over at VicTrainZ but we are so bogged down with things as it is...

Jerker {:)}

Is there a way of modifying the NSW signals? I thought perhaps scripting?

Back