Show your models!

what i don't get is why everybody bashes bachmann so much. their spectrum line is very good, to say the least. now the normal line, there you have right to bash. I think i'm so biased because practically nobody makes a large number of steam engines in N-scale. Con-Cor has its 4-8-4s and 4-6-4s, but they look hideous and are models of specific engines for a specific road that they try to pass off as engines that everybody had. their only decent engine is the 2-10-2, and even that's pushing it. Kato makes good engines, but they've only come out with a USRA heavy 2-8-2 and the GS-4, and i hope and pray that they make a war-baby version without the skirts. Bachmann's steamers allow you to build a plausible roster, since many of them are of USRA heritage. the 2-8-0 is one of their best engines. i have two of them (though one is currently down for a damaged motor and had to donate its bottom cover to its sister) and they are excellent pullers. by itself, one pulled a 18 cars and a dead GP-18 (by life-like, go figure) with the geep's wheels locked. i love my bachmann steamers more than any other, and they get the most track time, even more so than my Kato war-baby GS-4 (with skirts) and my USRA heavy 2-8-2. certainly more than the diesels:hehe:

i know i'll catch flak for this, but i had to say what's on my mind. It's what i beleive, so sue me.

what i don't get is why everybody bashes bachmann so much. their spectrum line is very good, to say the least. now the normal line, there you have right to bash. I think i'm so biased because practically nobody makes a large number of steam engines in N-scale. Con-Cor has its 4-8-4s and 4-6-4s, but they look hideous and are models of specific engines for a specific road that they try to pass off as engines that everybody had. their only decent engine is the 2-10-2, and even that's pushing it. Kato makes good engines, but they've only come out with a USRA heavy 2-8-2 and the GS-4, and i hope and pray that they make a war-baby version without the skirts. Bachmann's steamers allow you to build a plausible roster, since many of them are of USRA heritage. the 2-8-0 is one of their best engines. i have two of them (though one is currently down for a damaged motor and had to donate its bottom cover to its sister) and they are excellent pullers. by itself, one pulled a 18 cars and a dead GP-18 (by life-like, go figure) with the geep's wheels locked. i love my bachmann steamers more than any other, and they get the most track time, even more so than my Kato war-baby GS-4 (with skirts) and my USRA heavy 2-8-2. certainly more than the diesels:hehe:

i know i'll catch flak for this, but i had to say what's on my mind. It's what i beleive, so sue me.

I agree about the steamers, but not the diesels.

that is true. My Bachmann GP40 (an early purchase from back when i had to beg and borrow money to buy anything more expensive than a freight car) runs when it feels like it...and it never feels like it.

oh,the one that just past,greenberg train and toy show in Richmond!;)

Ahh. I should have looked at where you live. :confused:

I was curious because we have a monthly train show up by us which also takes place on Sundays. That was a couple of weeks ago though.

Yours was probably ten times better. I love those bigger train shows.
:D

Ahh. I should have looked at where you live. :confused:

I was curious because we have a monthly train show up by us which also takes place on Sundays. That was a couple of weeks ago though.

Yours was probably ten times better. I love those bigger train shows.
:D

nah,I doubt it if it was better!;)

A new pic from the other side of the equator... Not my best photography, but then again I am rather tired :p

An un numbered VR A2 class is seen sitting in the headshunt with a short goods.

Have fun!
Zec

A new pic from the other side of the equator... Not my best photography, but then again I am rather tired :p

An un numbered VR A2 class is seen sitting in the headshunt with a short goods.

Have fun!
Zec

That's cool! What scale is it?

local modelmakers rock!

I like the non-mass produced models from local people from the local area, such as a friend of mine in, in an outback town. produced models such as these:
popup_image.php

if the photo doesn't show up, its of a QueenslandRail MAS lander car. I've got two of these at home, and I'm colleting them as they are released. I'm trying to make this train:
mas_1494_04_20041026.jpg

O rook

howling_snows_by_sampug394-d361aw8.jpg

Fun with LGB in Colorado Weather - My Prized Stainz 2010 0-4-0T with two little Goods Vans amongst the snow.

I'm building a snowplow. I shortened and slightly modified the flatcar on the left, now for construction of the plow itself.

flatcars.jpg

First off, my bras 0-6-0 just after I got her, next to fellow forum member Vonhammer's 4-8-2 that I DCCed for him.

69710_1788003223850_1352660200_32016014_1975251_n.jpg

Next are two shots of my 0-6-0 after I painted, decaled, and weathered her.

254418_2146680270552_1352660200_32586229_1389518_n.jpg
254418_2146680310553_1352660200_32586230_6126809_n.jpg

The latest addition to the ZR roster... Bit out of place against my somewhat smaller Victorian Railways models... Oh well! :p

Very pleased with it, seen no issues with this one, and the smoke works beautifully, although a bit potent in the small room that my office is! :p

Zec

K, these are some of my late fathers favorite toys, I guess could be called mine now, by default.

IMG_5634-1.jpg

All of these built from railpower products shells(except the fuel tender[and I know its not proto, but close enough]), and all custom painted. You can kinda see the yellow-faced-frankenswitcher, kitbashed to fit an athearn gp frame and 4 exhaust stacks.

These three factory Kato, custom weathered, and all renumbered from factory issue numbers.

Will get some of my personal SOO Line collection on at some time

Last edited:
Back