Show your models!

Nice C16 Klinger, I have a BLI Bumblebee 268 that's getting Easternized eventually.

on30_2_6_0_wip_by_simulatortrain-d2drn4f.jpg

My ON30 2-6-0 is finally close to finished...

Hey Everybody, These are some nice models. I have a busted loco for HO scale and it needs new parts. Does anyone know where I can find these items? Here are some things that need fixed: a spare two-wheel pilot truck, a new cow catcher, some hand rails, and a bunker. I am really hoping that I don't have to disasemble one of my other engines to do it.

Last edited:
Excellent simulationtrain. I have done something simmilar to that, except i took the steel cab off of a 2-8-0 and put on the 2-6-0. It makes the engine look a lot bigger and more of a logging engine.

On302-6-omod004.jpg
On302-6-omod008.jpg

On302-6-omod003.jpg

Rock On!
Dusten

Whoa, that looks really cool! If I had a 2-8-0 cab I'd probably tear mine down for its 4th rebuild... If I ever see another of these 2-6-0s for sale for a deal I'll be sure to pick it up. I have this idea of an 0-6-0 in my head, and also giving it a smaller boiler.

Maybe an 0-6-0 with the 2-8-0 cab... Possibly a smaller boiler...

I do have an ON30 logging line that could use an 0-6-0...

(It's proposed roster for the time being is 2 Climaxes, a 2-8-2ST and an 0-6-0 or some other rod engine.)

Last edited:
Yeah I do, their conversion for the 2-8-0 is the 2-8-2ST I mentioned.

Actually, I mean an 0-6-0 tender loco, probably with the onion stack from my 2-8-0.

Yeah I got to thinking about that after I posted the links lol. I think you could take the boiler shell off a forney, and put it on a HO 0-6-0. I think anyway.

Rock On!
Dusten

This is quite an interesting thread nice models.
just out of curiosity are allot of these scratch built or models that you have weathered?

This is quite an interesting thread nice models.
just out of curiosity are allot of these scratch built or models that you have weathered?

Lots of weathering in this thread and lots, and I mean lots of kitbashing. I'll post my latest kitbash when its actually done, which will be a few weeks while I wait for my cross compound compressors to arrive

Some of my beauties:

437.jpg

Hmmm....

434.jpg

I know, I know. Nothing about this is right. But, I saw it at a swap meet, and just couldn't pass it up!

492.jpg

497.jpg

Wow, is that layout all yours?
Is that your layout, a friend's, or a club?

Mine?!? God no! Look down the length of that yard! I don't think that that can fit in anyones basement, unless perhaps you've spent a million or more on your house.

No, that's a club layout. I'm working on one in my basement, but it's far from showing condition. But, perhaps now that winter break is here...
something can be done about that!

Last edited:
Mine?!? God no! Look down the length of that yard! I don't think that that can fit in anyones basement, unless perhaps you've spent a million or more on your house.

No, that's a club layout. I'm working on one in my basement, but it's far from showing condition. But, perhaps now that winter break is here...
something can be done about that!

Well, yeah, I assumed it was a club layout, but you never know...

DSC00074.jpg

HO TSBY GP35 #389

0520002145.jpg

HO CP SD40 on my friends layout.

DSC00062.jpg

HO PM 1225, note the photo from train fest in the back ground.

DSC00068.jpg

2 rail O scale Soo GP35 #741 posing with SF 2908 at the club. Note 2908 is not mine, but the Geep is.

Two new steam engines has arrived!

I don't have any pictures of my newly purchased trains yet,but I now have a Bachmann spectrum C&O 2-8-4 kanawha #2760 and a southern Railroad 2-8-0 consolidation #724(information needed),which I bought at the train show on sunday!;)

Last edited:
I find it annoying how we have at least 5 SP GS4 models on the market and at least 7-8 Big Boys, yet we don't even have a single model from an anthracite road that I'm aware of. The best one was the old Bachmann 2-8-0, and we all know how they run (plastic frames...) And now Bowser isn't making the repower kits anymore. I don't get it, manufacturers are all about competing with each other rather than selling models they could corner that section of the market with. I'll probably change my name to Mickey Mouse if I ever see a Western Maryland steamer in plastic (besides the Russian.) What's so obscure about Baldwin challengers? More roads had them than ALCos.

Back