Show off your reskins!

The first one is the one you should make!

I do like the original Acela model for Trainz, but it's getting a bit old since that was made back in the mid 2000's and it was originally converted from an MSTS model. This was originally intended to replace the default MSTS Acela which is less accurate.

Indeed ! But I still have a lot of work to do and the Café coach is missing unfortunately

The EMU Z23156 in the new livery of the Hauts-de-France région:

w9q3LZH.png

1hSGPPI.png

9JZ5iAi.png

Sx9VwlK.png

Last edited:
Livingston Central no. 5361 brings the day-long excursion up a 4% grade, slowing from a 20 mph track speed to 5 mph while the train crosses the 100+ year old brick bridge. The locomotive will face a major test as she continues to ascend the grade after the speed reduction, and she will work hard until the line levels-out at a long bridge over the valley.

zF7NWmU.jpg

The LVCR is currently shopping around for a suitable clerestory-roofed coach to serve as a dining car on either the day-long excursions to Tuscarora or the couple of two-hour excursions to Groveland. More coaches are being restored and we now have two operational steam locomotives, meaning it will soon be possible to operate multiple steam trips on multiple routes in a day.

Fairly sure this is a reskins thread Chris....

And just to try and stay on topic, a little something something I've been figuring out.

Vz5UykH.jpg

I mean, it's not really anything special, just a layer with a scratched-metal texture i had laying around and a layer of Rendered Clouds made with a tool in Pain.net with a dirt color overlayed on top of it. I'm not really that good when it comes to weathering, but Trainz tends to make the image looks really grainy and even distorts the color sometimes. Again, it's not the greatest, but i'm not amazing at weathering in the slightest to begin with so i think it looks okay.

In addition, most locomotives in Britain were really dirty most of the time, so i think the dirt texture looks alright for what it's replicating. It was rare to see a really-clean steam locomotive in Britain, i believe. I could be wrong, though.

Also, the coal hasn't been changed at all from the original model. If you don't like it, take it up with LMS_MAN, the original creator of the asset.

(The name-calling is kinda rude too, i'd prefer if you could tone it down before giving me criticism on my work. If you want to critique it, go ahead. I welcome suggestions cause there's always room for improvement. But the name-calling kinda deflates your point.)

Now remember:This is a reskin thread,not a insult and argue thread. Now get back to screenshots please instead of insults and arguments...

Back