Show off your reskins!

Durham & Southern 1140 and 203 head a mixed freight through NC.
b17d8173c4b0b09c4867d201f1652644.png

498e8e7e098e64682d96ccf5003678b3.png

I got bored and decided to make a couple locomotives (the whole FWWR roster). If anyone can spot anything bad about these, please tell me and it shall be fixed (Besides the yellow which has been changed on the GP38's).Warning: I'm not releasing these.

All of MRL's GP35s 404-406 are Livingston-Logan power (406 occasionally works in Missoula)
8d3e7e74bc8f7e34e458c9a4ab0e357e.jpg

401 & 402 are Polson branch power.
ccb732888277b9301eef032070a6a016.jpg

403 is power for the Whitehall local.
5f41234178568c2e0c027d112e2ab191.jpg

Well, Back and just messing around re-paint some stuff I was working on a while ago. Thought I would share some images. This SW1200 model was not done by me, just re-painting it for fun. Model is by matruck over at JoinedRail.com and joe at RRMods.

So the SW1200 is my Fictional RR. WILX (Wayne Industry Leasing Company), this is the new paint Scheme I have come up with for pretty much all locos, so be checking out my site and on here to see some more re-paints of some other stuff I hope to release soon. Not sure if any of the new WILX engine re-paints will be released as I am just messing around again for fun but that could always change. Let me know what you all think.

wilx_freshpaint_rollingstock-1200x700.jpg

2Wayne says:

So the SW1200 is my Fictional RR. WILX (Wayne Industry Leasing Company), this is the new paint Scheme I have come up with for pretty much all locos, so be checking out my site and on here to see some more re-paints of some other stuff I hope to release soon. Not sure if any of the new WILX engine re-paints will be released as I am just messing around again for fun but that could always change. Let me know what you all think.

Definitley looking forward to see more of that nice paint scheme!

Last edited:
When you run out of new stuff, the only answer is to start working your way back to the old stuff....

Found some info about this oddball coach 2202 rebuilt for the BayArea service pool and decided it needed to be done. Colors are not right and the texture is far from finished, but I thought it was interesting enough to post.

EDIT: I have come to realize I am in need of new set of trucks for this model, does anyone know if there is a set made that looks like the ones she is sitting on in the picture? Color does not matter so long as it is skinnable. Thanks!

c94a8c8cec6b73efecbd4b069c9bc3bb.png

cheers

Last edited:
The closest I can think of are the 23R trucks in the PRR FOM set. They are payware, so they can't be distributed, but they are high-quality.

Great skin by the way, do you plan to release it or any of your CalTran stuff? Also, do you plan to do the SP two-tone bi-levels?

Last edited:
Oh good! I actually have those trucks then! I plan on releasing what I can. Problem being some of my stuff is skinned off of payware, others off of Magicland's stuff. The modern gallery equipment has been OK'd by cloakedghost, so it is just a matter of getting them to a point that I am happy, that and I need to ask simulatortrain permission to skin and release versions of his metra truck for them.

I plan on doing anything and everything I can pertaining to the Peninsula commuter pool, so SP bi levels are my next project. I plan on using Magicland's stuff again for that, just updating it and adding reworked textures colors and some separate details where necessary. Then onwards to the big issue of Arched roof 72 and 60 foot commuter cars. Not a lot available for these guys, so I am starting to dig for scaled drawings to possibly build them on my own. I have a fair amount of access to some of the remaining ones here in California, I just need some scale stuff so I don't have to break down and spend a weekend down at the yard measuring everything.

Thanks!

If you email Magicland, he usually gets back to you in a few days. He's ok'd tons of my reskins so far, so there's no reason why he wouldn't say yes to you.

The SP in San Francisco is pretty interesting, especially the Oakland Mole and the WP/SP trackage from there to Altimont pass.

If you email Magicland, he usually gets back to you in a few days. He's ok'd tons of my reskins so far, so there's no reason why he wouldn't say yes to you.

The SP in San Francisco is pretty interesting, especially the Oakland Mole and the WP/SP trackage from there to Altimont pass.
I didn't know that, I will be sure to shoot an email his way and see what I can get done. Thanks for letting me know! I really enjoy the Central Valley and Bay Area rail for California. I started doing the Altamont Pass (Stockton to San Jose) a few years back and it seems to eat up all my time route building. From that I had a need to do not only ACE but Caltrain, which lead me to get into this reskinning kick for all the commuter stuff in the bay. Though, I will say it does not help that I have been doing stuff with the NCRY a lot more this year. They have some of the few remaining SP Sub coach cars so I get to play brakeman on most revenue runs (you get a little nostalgic working with that kind or equipment).

Turns out there are some arched roof coaches in Magicland's collection that I had forgotten about. So here comes some more SP Subs your way. By no means are these complete (20% done), but the textures are slowly being worked into place:

bef291c71f0cb112dc1cdaf1261ba406.png

Back