Share your sessions... please...

I'd recommend Erie Northern by cb001, I think Erie has a session were an ai train arrives at the yard and drop off a consist. Later an ai train arrives and pick up a consist which you have set out. Besure to go his website and get the maps and dipatcher orders for the sessions.

MountE

I'd recommend Erie Northern by cb001, I think Erie has a session were an ai train arrives at the yard and drop off a consist. Later an ai train arrives and pick up a consist which you have set out. Besure to go his website and get the maps and dipatcher orders for the sessions.

MountE

Thanks for the reference. I checked it out. It will only work if a very specific car (Southern PAcific Flatcar 1 in one session and flat car Norfolk Southern 5 in another session) is in the right place. I need a system that will couple to any car that is in the right place. If anyone knows of such a working system, I'd sure like to know about it.

David

WOW these look great too bad it will take 200 hrs to DL thanks to the DLS payme machine its a shame i mised the disclamer on the box stateing u have pay to Dl anything or be ristrected..little jhonny is not happy about that.

I guess I'm wasting my time here because all else has failed.

The Trainz Resources Directory has a tonne of space and bandwidth to list every session (free or payware) available. The offer is there, but like other offers I've made to list Routes and Screenshot of the Month winners, I expect this one to also be totally ignored. Please prove me wrong guys!

I hope you're not wasting your time! I had never heard of your "Trainz REsources Directory" (though I have seen your Kuranga Tourist Railway - LOLZ!)

The inly thing is, I have a habit of adapting other guys routes to suit my purposes - the most common is to add AJS Stations so that the route becomes passenger enabled - so I guess any sessions to share should use the route "as is" straight out of the box!

I am keen to see this " Session of the Month" thingy! So far, for me, "All Amsterdam 3" wins hands down, except that some serious track modification was needed to get it to run properly in TRS2009.

Hmmm! I'm going to go and think about what route I can start creating sessions for without any modding!

............Eeh! Where have you been hiding your web-site?

I've just seen the Tutorials for "Making a House and Getting It Into Trainz". I'm definitely going to give that a go once the long winter evenings arrive!

Thanks

Ian

........I need a system that will couple to any car that is in the right place. If anyone knows of such a working system, I'd sure like to know about it.

David the "Couple at Trackmark" command will do this. It might take some fiddling with the positioning of trackmarks (and maybe invisible signals as well) - it all depends on the complexity of your trackwork in the area where you want the coupling to take place. This command does have the occasional failure but I think that is down to complex trackwork and other, potentially conflicting, AI operations.

Chris

Snippet: I hope you're not wasting your time! I had never heard of your "Trainz REsources Directory"

I hope you've heard of it now. With over 700 pages, it would have to be the largest Trainz Community web site out there, although Trainz Luvr may still hold the record. 150,000 page visits in ten months isn't bad either.

And yes, I am wasting my time. Nobody has posted a session, one person posted a route and I got two screenshots. I have more things to worry about so it doesn't really concern me. If I ever started charging, droves of people would say "Awe gee, I was going to do it yesterday!" Well I won't be charging and I won't be waiting for the droves.

It's cheaper to travel to Kuranda by Taxi. The Railway is one of the major tourist rip-offs in Cairns, but others are trying to beat it.

Sorry itareus, I sot of ignored your question. Yes it would be helpful if a session worked on an out-of-the-box route. I can understand your desire to alter things. I'd be doing the same and I do realise that others are doing it too.

Although I keep a close eye on the forums I haven't caught up with Session of the Month yet. I hope it works out better than Screenshot of the Month where they struggle to get twenty people to vote. Most months there are more horses than punters.

If my site bought in a bit of money, which it doesn't, I'd gladly hold competitions for the best of this or the best of that. I think a month is a bit short considering people have to create the stuff, so I was thinking along the lines of quarterly.

I have an unopened box of TRS2004 Deluxe Edition I was thinking of offering as a prize, but it's not really enough the get the masses fired up.

Good luck with your next project.

John

Back