Shale Gas

Eboy87

Hi all. I'm working on a shortline where a significant amount of traffic is from drilling for shale gas. We never had any fracking in Missourias far as I know, and in doing research I found a lot of... political and environmental dialogue, but not much dealing with rail traffic. What sort of products would you expect to see move by rail for this? Sand, obviously, but what is the gas shipped out in? What about other chemicals being brought in, what would you expect to see and in what type of car?

My plan is a rail -> truck sand facility shamelessly based on the RBMN's Muller yard. Would there be enough traffic in bringing in loaded sand hoppers to warrant a shortline? For reference, other major industries served are PPG glass, a few transloading facilities, a paper mill, and bridge traffic between the NS and CSX.

Toxic chemicals that are pumped into the ground water aquifers, that poison the drinking water for all eternity, causing birth defects, and cancer clusters ... all for a couple million gallons of low grade oil and gas.

Montana fracking spills and dump sites are everywhere, and shale oil drilling companies are even worse.

Don't frickin' frack in my backyard ! There is nothing clean and green about it !

Last edited:
Back