Session will not focus on frist driver with UDS

pitkin

While developing a session with UDS, I noticed that the focus returns to the driver in the last scene rather than the first driver in Driver Setup rule when the session is started from the CM. (The box is checked in the Rule). Not so handy for distribution or general usage.

Last edited:
While developing a session with UDS, I noticed that the focus returns to the driver in the last scene rather than the first driver in Driver Setup rule when the session is started from the CM. (The box is checked in the Rule). Not so handy for distribution or general usage.

Yes, and I disagree that this is a problem. I use the UDS to fix problems encountered when running a consist (and not always the first in the Driver Setup Rule) so the focus going straight to the driver in the last active scene is a time saver. You could always press Ctrl+F then the ID of the loco or consist you want - which is what I would have to do if the focus was always on the first driver.

Yes, and I disagree that this is a problem. I use the UDS to fix problems encountered when running a consist (and not always the first in the Driver Setup Rule) so the focus going straight to the driver in the last active scene is a time saver. You could always press Ctrl+F then the ID of the loco or consist you want - which is what I would have to do if the focus was always on the first driver.

Yes, that may be ok during development work, but the fact remains that the Driver Setup Rule has the box checked for first driver, and it either is being overridded, or simply not longer works.

I suspect that it is, thankfully, being overridden.

My impression of the UDS is that it is a development tool, not for general game play. In game play you would/should not need to jump into Surveyor to change something (i.e. do "development" work) as the Driver mode, with all its rules, commands, triggers, trackmarks, etc in place should be complete. No need for "fiddling".

My vote is to leave it as it is - to jump to the last active scene and consist.

My opinions.

Okay, if someone downloads my session from the DLS, and it has the box checked in Driver Setup to focus on the first driver, then that will not work anymore. That is what is happening, at least on my system. Surely this scenario is "general game play'?

Back