Service Pack 4 (For 2004)

Tell us your current build number and someone can probably point you directly to the SP4 file you need to download.

Service pack files have two numbers in their names. The first number must match precisely with your current build number. The second number is what you'll end up with after applying the service pack. If a wrong service pack file is applied the installed files get corrupted.

It's also vital to follow the instructions precisely in every detail. Many have failed to do so and paid the price in hours of work to sort out the resulting mess.

However, if the correct service pack is applied in the correct manner, in almost all cases it will give no problems at all.

John

It's 2700

As an aside, how do Serice packs affect downloading things - I found a Class 08 I want but only when I tick 'Trainz' in the ds (Not available when I only tick TS04). However, It says in the download page that the item version is 'Service Pack 3?

There is no version 2700 of TRS2004.

sorry but .....................

I don't think that there is a version 2700 of TRS2004.

I have the "Just Trains" version & its 2.2 build 2285, updated to the latest 2.4 build 2370. :confused:

It's 2700
I'm very sorry, I haven't got a record of that build number and I thought I'd got most of them. Can I ask you to check it again please?
As an aside, how do Service packs affect downloading things - I found a Class 08 I want but only when I tick 'Trainz' in the ds (Not available when I only tick TS04). However, It says in the download page that the item version is 'Service Pack 3?
That's an exceedingly old reference to SP3 for the very first version of Trainz, even before UTC. It confuses all newcomers and it fooled me too not that that is difficult. (Hint to all software companies: always say what exactly product a service pack is for!)

Apart from that bit of ancient history, service packs don't inherently affect downloading. Of course, any service pack may have all sorts of specific bug fixes that might.

Let's hope someone else knows what build 2700 is.

John

Hold on a cotton picking second.

I just launched it again and it's changed it's mind. It now says version 2.4 build 2370.

I swear on my life it said 2700 before.

Then you have the latest version of TRS2004, & no update is needed.
There are no more service packs for 2004.

However, make sure when searching the Download Station for items, that you tick every box below TRS2004.
If you don't, you will miss out on a lot of content. Trainz is backward compatible from TRS2004 to Service pack3 & Trainz (the original version)

Back