Server appears to be full - please help newbie

Liamboy

Hello all

I'm posting for my 7yr old son Liam - I'm trying to download him the Amtrak train - the one on the back cover of our Trainz RS2006 DVD box. I've selected 6Mb's for download and when I click 'Start' I get

'Server appears to be full, please try again later...'

Been trying 3 days. I did register the serial & created name & password & read on forum about newbies not being recognised by server & advised to change password - Done that but still no joy.:( Settings have now got his KUID entered so it must have connected to the server to get that & the Content Manager says he's got 30day FCT - Now 27days and falling!

Any ideals?
Best regards
Roy Campbell

Server appears to be full

Liamboy,

I had this same problem recently after activating a first class ticket. My downloading had been going fine until then. When I next entered the download station I kept getting the server full message. I wiped Trainz from my computer and reinstalled it. No luck. I built a new computer and installed it. Still no joy. I tried my laptop and still got the same message.

Out of frustration I idlely(?) right clicked on the download counter near the top right hand side of the screen and received a message asking me if I wished to reset the counter. For want of anything better to do I clicked yes. Not expecting anything I hit the start button and nearly collapsed in tears when I saw the download begin. This had taken me six weeks off and on.

Give it a try. It might work. I hope it does.

Railwayz

It's an irritating, unhelpful and incredibly poorly worded message regardless of what is actively making it happen.

How can a server "appear" full?? It either is or it isn't.

Translation: The server might be full, however we don't know ourselves.

It's an irritating, unhelpful and incredibly poorly worded message regardless of what is actively making it happen.

How can a server "appear" full?? It either is or it isn't.

Translation: The server might be full, however we don't know ourselves.

Definitions of appear
1. [v] - present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority
2. [v] - seem to be true, probable, or apparent
3. [v] - appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc.
4. [v] - be issued or published, as of news in a paper, a book, or a movie
5. [v] - come into being or existence, or appear on the scene
6. [v] - come into sight or view

Despite the scholarly reciting of the dictionary approach, Zwab, it's still not definitive. If it seems to be true, doesn't mean it is....or isn't for that matter.

Semantics aside, the server isn't full anyway as has been covered numerous times. So it's as useful as a trapdoor in a canoe.

Try to go to the 'Profile' button on top of this page and logout of your profile, and then login again. (Remember to set it to 'automatic login')

This forces the Auran server to update your profile and settings. This will work in 99% of the cases.

Let us know it turns out.

Despite the scholarly reciting of the dictionary approach, Zwab, it's still not definitive. If it seems to be true, doesn't mean it is....or isn't for that matter.

Semantics aside, the server isn't full anyway as has been covered numerous times. So it's as useful as a trapdoor in a canoe.

Hell, that was why I posted the dictionary and "bolded" the 'seem to be true' entry . The whole point of my post is to "explain" the use of "appear". The server doesn't need ( definitive ) to be full to not function. The TO thinks otherwise.

Server appears to be full Workaround

Thanks Blackwatch

I couldn't view that particular search id it 'appears' to be a dead link. However,it did lead me to many useful & interesting posts - many thanks.

Thanks Euphod - I tried the profile login/out (& changing password as suggested elsewhere) - but no joy - thanks anyway.

Thanks Railwayz

I reset the counter even though it was already zero, but no joy - thanks.

Good news:)

I have found a workaround - i.e. I searched & found objects on the auran site with help from Obo's Trainz Locomotive Catalog.
I downloaded via the ftp site & it recognised Liam's FCT. Firefox browser passed the cmp file to CMP, & CMP it installed them.

In a similar way, I downloaded zip archives of cmp files, extracted them & doubleclicked - windows associated them with CMP & they too installed - Thanks to Paul Hobbs' 44090digitalmodels site.

I still haven't found the Amtrak train pictured on the back of the TRS2006 DVD but my son Liam is well chuffed with the one we've got so far, especially the Amtrak superlner range.

Many thanks to you all

Here's a tip for random displacement maps if you have Photoshop (or paint shop pro with plugin)

1. Click 'New' & select 1024x1024 image with white background.
2. In 'Mode' make it 'grayscale'
3. In 'Effects' select 'Cloud'
4. Save As .jpg filetype in your 'TRS2006\World\Custom\displacements' folder

Regards
Roy & Liamboy.

p.s. I took some screenshots in TRS2006 but have forgotten how I did it - anyone know? - And are they only in Targa format?

the Amtrak train pictured on the back of the TRS2006 box comes only with the purchase of the Marias Pass layout. TRS2006 contains a demo of the route along with 1 Superliner car.
However; there is a work arround.
Passenger Content Creations has a set of Superliner cars available for download in the newest Amtrak Pain Scheme. You can also get the older scheme on the DLS (called Phase III). There are then a number of Amtrak Locomotives available around including and F40PH (one pictured, but in a different paint scheme) P42s (one currently used by Amtrak), HHP-8s (modern electric), AEM-7s (older electrics). I would suggest the P42s as they are the most commonly used. You can get the "basic" package at: www.protrainz.com and then there are a number of reskins scattered around like at: PCC & Amtrak Geek Zone.

hope that helps some!

peter

Thank you Peter

I've downloaded some of the content from the links you suggested - I'm still new to this so will have to work out how to edit asset dependency list but Liam's going to be well chuffed

All the best

Roy & Liamboy:)

i've had the same problem with activating the first class. dunno if it is because i've activated it while i had some downloads already queued or not, but regardless, i got the server busy warning.

after pointless attempts to fix this, i've found that the following worked :

close CMP if open
Code:
start -> run -> regedit [enter]
go to this key
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Auran\Content Manager Plus
make a backup (rclick on it and select export)
and DELETE it.
then run CMP again (you'll have to enter user/pass in settings again).

donwloads worked after that.
however i still don't see in CMP that i have first class. but i'm not too iffy about that :D

Still not working

Hi I have tried everything above but still get the dreaded server appears to be full message :confused:
Can anyone help, Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I have tried all of the above suggestions but I`m still getting the dreaded server may be full message.
Can anyone help, Thaks

Back