Searchlight troubles

mnrr

Hudson2640
I just started installing signals on my route but I'm having some strange issues. I am using the searchlight 8 gantry smart signals for an interlocking and I have the track speed set to 70 mph the entire lenght. However, as soon as a train reaches the signal the speed is dropped to 45 mph. Is there a way to fix this?

Yes these signals also control speed dependant on the aspect. You will want to make sure that signal knows what the straight path is so that it can give you a "Clear" signal at authorized max speed. What aspect does it display when you approach it?

I get a medium clear signal (red/green/red). This is what it shows under properties.

8c95d03c2076127c0d65e18f85355421.jpg

A medium clear on 70 mph line will drop you speed to 45, that is what it is deigned to do, if you want 70 mph speeds change the signal type.

John

There's a simple solution to this problem: add an invisible speed sign that shows 70 mph past the signal. If the signal is for a series of switches, place the sign after the last switch.

I have a question about some signals too. On the reading and norther route at Mahanoy Jct. the signals show to color, there just grey. I've never had any trouble with these signals b4 and its just the No. 4s, the other signals work fine, can anyone help. Sorry mnrr for high jacking your thread.

Back