Script Errors

Koryclarke1991

How do I get rid of script errors and will it effect my game. Also, it keeps saying to update my old MFX library, I did that and I still get a pop-up message. How do I correct these problems!

Print Screen key on the keyboard. Then you can open windows explorer, go to \wherever you installed it\Auran\TS12\UserData\screenshots and open the JPG file for edit, or upload straight to someplace like www.imageshack.com, then paste the link from imageshack into the post here.

Print Screen key on the keyboard. Then you can open windows explorer, go to \wherever you installed it\Auran\TS12\UserData\screenshots and open the JPG file for edit, or upload straight to someplace like www.imageshack.com, then paste the link from imageshack into the post here.

Ha! I never knew TS12 did that! I always pasted into Windows Paint and saved it as a JPG myself. Thanks, sniper297. I just learn something new every day on these forums! :)

Most games have someplace they store screenshots, so if you've been hitting the Print Screen key and pasting each time since 1980, you could have assorted C:\AURAN\TS2010\UserData\screenshots\sniper297_20120823_0002.jpg and C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\ScreenShot96.bmp and C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\SH4Img@2010-11-12_09.22.28_953.bmp and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\scrgrb135.pcx files cluttering up your hard drive and wondering why you're running out of space. Need to delete all those once in a while.

Okay, your next step is to click the More button, that should tell you which loco or car is generating the script error.

In addition to stack dump it should also give you the name and KUID number of the asset causing the problem.

78220868.jpg

In this case it was the RS-11 loco, right under Stack dump where it says "kuid:522774:100114 ChiMet RS-11 1518". After checking out that loco I found the sxf_loco.gs file was unaltered, but for some reason it was complaining about not being able to find the sound effects library. Redownloading that library seems to have fixed the problem for now. Troubleshooting script errors is very difficult since there are so many files involved, but you have to start with which loco, car, or industry is starting the chain reaction that leads to the script error.

Yours says something about a script mismatch in a config, train-gs being called by something and gs-gs being referenced instead, the name and KUID number is essential to start since you could have a hundred locos using that same script.

That nearly always indicates faulty locomotives or rolling stock. Check the jetlog.txt file in the Trainz install folder for further information.

Shane

Question is why isn't the offending loco shown right under the stack dump? Whatever the actual cause I've never seen one that didn't list the name and KUID number of the loco (or car or industry) that originally triggered the script error.

That's what has previously baffled me, but what I do know is that it usually crops up in the Jetlog. Quite frequently it's a multiple unit train that is affected, and it's usually incorrect usage of class Locomotive and class Vehicle (using Class Vehicle when the engine tag in the config is set to 1, and Class Locomotive when the engine tag is set to 0)

In addition to this, the import statements at the top of the script would need to be modified to match the class - for Vehicle it would be vehicle.gs and for Locomotive it would be locomotive.gs.

Shane

Back