Screenshot of The Week: September 21 to September 28 2014 (Fire)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Not too long ago, fire powered all of civilization and almost every form of transport including rail. This week's theme is brought to you by me and inspired by a recent trekking trip up two volcanoes; Fire. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on September 28 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

House fire.

[URL=http://s978.photobucket.com/user/mcarrara1/media/Trainz%20WWII/carr_20140922_0000_zps0ac58f87.jpg.html]
carr_20140922_0000_zps0ac58f87.jpg
[/URL]

Chain smoker and local small industrialist, Arthur Scroat, remains blissfully unaware that his recently discarded cigarette has set fire to the tar soaked crossing boards adjacent to his small business.

Give it up!:n:

Cheers
Casper
;)

ArthurScroatfire_zps0e3c5f10.jpg~original

The last of the visitors to "Ridley Museum and Transport Restoration" are about to board the UP Harriman. Having successfully passed the test run and now to perform an immediate evacuation of the visitors from the museum centre as the smouldering ground (from an out of control scrub fire) in the hills behind inch closer to the museum. The Ka steams in with more manpower and needed food supplies to help the firefighters.

The Fowler 4F's fire is heating up, being made hotter from the draught being created by the smoke-stack.

Kieran.

Scorched Earth

15324647446_5f35444d75_k.jpg

The scorched earth from last year's forest fire scars the mountainside as a local wayfreight chugs by at the base of the mountain.

Hey TRam; I've been staring at your shot, but have not even seen any smoke yet. Is it going to burst into flames anytime soon? I'll give it another hour, then I have to go!

Rick, while you are entitled to your occasionally excessive opinions, remarks that constitute passing judgment or adjudication are frowned upon. In your case, the implication that TRam's submission must contain smoke or flames. Please stop doing that.

TRam, I didn't get to see whatever it was that you submitted, but there is no reason to withdraw your entry because of another person's remarks about it. Do consider reinstating it.

Last edited:
Here is mine for the week,
The Caledonian Single #123 has been restored to haul the royal train. Here we see the ashpan being dumped in the morning before a run and hot ash falls from the fire grates as the driver and firemen pile it to the side.. The SDJR 88 waits on a siding for Caley's ash to be cleared and for its turn at the ash pit. The land in the backround is treeless and recovering from previous cinder fires. The coaling staith is in the backround for one stop servicing
2ce8ee4dcb912c1a8f962e2b65fd0e56.jpg

Hope you all enjoy,
Saturnr

Thank you trainboi1 for giving the trainz community both of these wonderful engines.

Last edited:
Rick it was nothing personal, hope there are no hard feelings. Hope to see you around again soon.

Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until October 5, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
Back