Screenshot of The Week: February 28 to March 6 2016 (Dawn)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Each day should always be better than the previous one. Like an unstoppable train piercing the night with it's headlights, the sun will always light up the end of each night's darkness. This week's theme is Dawn. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on March 10 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

7:25am......and #611 is 5 minutes away from departure from Norfolk, VA destined for Cincinnati, OH with the Westbound Powhatan Arrow

5eb66e35b8372cf2ca2c964f245846b9.jpg

Last edited:
N&W Class A #1218 passing by the Bluefield West Tower, while Class A #1234 sits with a mixed freight waiting to proceed!

72b7a70.jpg

Last edited:
2016_03_06_010228.jpg

"Dawn" happens no matter where we live. We've just got to get used to it. How profound is that!
Cheers, Roy3b3

Dawn at Penryn

[In case someone wonders or cares, this is not (quite) the same as the one I used for the 11-Jan-16 Competition].
Dawn%20at%20Penryn.jpg

The ore carrier Edmund Fitzgerald works up the Wolf River to the smelters as dawn breaks. Some Trainz fans may not know that you can put some ships on invisible tracks and actually move them through your land or sea scape. Well, you can and I am adding this one to my Wolf Hill & Western RR layout.
50a975e2704450676066789d36aa55bc.jpg

SS Edmund Fitzgerald was a real American Great Lakes freighter that sank in a Lake Superior storm on November 10, 1975, with the loss of the entire crew of 29. For 17 years Fitzgerald carried taconite iron ore from mines near Duluth, Minnesota, to iron works in Detroit, Toledo, and other Great Lakes ports. Gordon Lightfoot made it the subject of his 1976 hit song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

Last edited:
2016-01-01_00003_zpsknduy6ze.jpg

Early morning and triple meeting here outside of Buckeye mines in Appalachian,two freights of the same direction wait patiently for the passenger train to pass.

Hello from France,

Early doggy-recreation by the river "the Loire" the longuest river of France....

God day all !!! Cheers, Marc

Good shot, Marc. I haven't managed to find pictures of a similar bridge on the Loire "en vie réelle," but the local scenery is really solid.

Hello, and thank you for the kind comment, I get inspired by the SNCF bridge over the river "LOIRE" in NEVERS, as shown on this picture....

Good day all, cheers, Marc

Last edited:
Submissions are now closed. There are 13 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until March 17, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Back