Screenshot of The Week: February 15 to February 22 2015 (No Theme)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

There is no theme for this week. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on February 22 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

First one, yeah!
e8ee7ef469695b9d26cd671cc5732ec6.jpg

EDIT: Dang it, Levi, ya beat me to it! I'll getcha next time. :hehe:

Anyway...

A local resident of Highland Valley looks on as a double stack train rumbles though town early in the morning, waking up everybody nearby.

iL3HTPd.jpg

Best Regards,

58a57f9d299fae9483ae52904ebd632d.png

A UPRR manifest leaves Walong siding, after meeting a Mojave-bound hauler there. Note the We will deliver Dash-9, and the SD40-2. The BNSF hauler had a solid consist of four-axle power.

Well tell 'em to STAY OFF OF 614!! :hehe:

It has been mentioned in many places that the "Safety" Express was not continued past 1981 because of the excessive amounts grade crossing accidents almost caused because of the massive amounts of people standing and parking to close to the track and the amount of trespassing on railroad property!

It has been mentioned in many places that the "Safety" Express was not continued past 1981 because of the excessive amounts grade crossing accidents almost caused because of the massive amounts of people standing and parking to close to the track and the amount of trespassing on railroad property!

Talk about ironic. By the way, that 614 looks amazing. But please, STOP TEASING ME!!! :'(

Well then, it should've been called the "Risk Taking Express" then. :hehe:

Those people should practice safety and stay off the tracks.

Well, I road the Chessie Safety Express in '80 and '81 and the passengers were unloaded at the Thurmond depot and not allowed to simply wander out onto tracks during the photo run-by. The Chessie officials and the C.P. Huntington RRHS volunteers kept the passengers "herded" away from the tracks on the platforms in front of the Thurmond depot.

There were however a good number of railfans who drove to Thurmond to meet the track and take photos who wandered around the various tracks in Thurmond. But not anywhere near the numbers depicted in the screen-shot. There were maybe a few dozen railfans, at most.

While trucking along the Water Level Route, the 20th Century Limited is passed by a NYC J3a Hudson, pulling a short return trip, Model by K&L Trainz
f42226d92ecd1a4e45091d8ae0e8b251.jpg

Back