Screenshot of The Week: August 10 to Aug 17 2014 (Commute)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Commutes are an essential part of our lives. Whether it's waiting for the train to arrive or waiting for the train to clear the crossing, commutes always seem to be a frustrating case of "hurry up and wait". This week's theme is brought to you by Ryan (Vince); Commute. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the
Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on Aug 18 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.
This date is not in error. Due to a slight delay, the cutoff has been moved +1 day. Title date indicates week.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
Let's start small this week :hehe::
s_l2l_nv2.jpg

The Monday commute is almost over as The 2154 Acela Express train moves in to NY Penn while a Northeast Regional overtakes a Keystone as they are both headed for the Tubes.
40c7fd28ec403894f9dbbd9030820751.jpg

Shinkansen Commute... Rush Hour in Japan :). It's an old Picture from my Trainz Screenshot Archive.

1280_6530323561306631.jpg

Nice Greetings

Epo :)

Moe .... "Dang that train! Let's just walk to town."

Snake .... "....or, we could steal that truck?"

Cheers all .... Rick

rickf77_20140814_0000.jpg~original

Well, dang it! I just showed my wife my masterpiece. She likes ARhian7's best so far. That's it! Say, my friend, you're not in the market for a wife are you?

Cheers .... Rick

Last edited:
Well, dang it! I just showed my wife my masterpiece. She likes ARhian7's best so far. That's it! Say, my friend, you're not in the market for a wife are you?

Cheers .... Rick

:hehe:
I am not really looking for a wife however as I am a female too :p :D

That is an excellent screen shot of yours - hot competition!!! I really like the country, (being a former country bumpkin). It reminds me of the summer days gone some years back, when I use to ride my lovely bay mare along the grass verge of the local country road and hearing the cows in a paddock munching, or a dog barking in the distance...very cool. Anyways I have prattled enough.

Shaz

Morning Shaz! Hope you don't mind me calling you "Shaz". I never did get very geeky! I like to use a persons name over their user name. I guess most prefer to find ways to type faster. I like a good old fashion "hee, hee" over "lol". I used to think that meant lots of love. I'm not comfortable using all the computer lingo.

You know, my friend, I suspected you were a female! Really, I was almost expecting to see a reply much like this, if you replied. You must be a lot like my wife. She's an artist, comes from a very small farming "town" and could spend all day around horses. We kept going to the same place in Cuba because they had free riding. We got to be very good friends with the guys at the stable. We could go saddle up a horse and take off anytime we felt like it. My wife used to "steal" food from the kitchens on the resort for the horses. Very embarrassing! Mostly bananas and cereal. I never saw an apple or carrot in Cuba. The horses were so small and skinny! I rarely got on them. Most of the time I just walked with the horse, letting the horse eat anything we came across. If they were any smaller, I'd carry the horse on my back! Across the lake, they are allowed to have horses, so she can get her riding "fix" there.... and we can go back to her valley home and ride anytime.

I could walk to the area in this week's screenshot in about an hour. It's much the same, but the tracks are gone. It's now a rails to trails. I THINK there was a small station there, more like a shelter than what I have. I just went back to this area and splashed some grass around. I believe it's the fist time I've added anything to what I already had for a screenshot in the contest. There's a military airbase behind that fence.

Did I send you to look at my "train spotter" shot? Hee, hee, I was going to do one for the ladies. You know, guys wearing speedos (?) strutting across a stage at the beach .... ladies throwing chairs and beer bottles.

Well, I guess I'll keep her for now. After all, she is an artist, she knows good work when she sees it! I'll just have to try harder!

Cheers Shaz .... Rick

@ARhian7, it's off Topic, but btw. I looked on your Homepage and saw the fantastic Video Clips. Especially the dancing Group and the Sound of CCR are awesome. TRAINZ alive.

Nice Greetings

Epo:)

Well, I guess I should visit these homepages! I would have KNOWN you're a woman. I remember those dancing girls from awhile back! We are the "lucky" owners of 7 cats! People keep tossing them out, we find them or they find us! Great videos, Shaz, worth having a peek at!

Cheers .... Rick

Last run of the Minnesota Zephyr leaves this station cut from interstate service

After the very last ever Amtrak Minnesota Zephyr has left, its up to the tourist line, Clark City & Western, and the state, for passenger service to continue...

c0aa25754adaef0cdaac68c4feeb9dea.jpg

Extra points if you find three things lurking in the background...:eek:(No, that crane does not count...)

Last edited:
Well, today's the 18th, and the submissions are to be closed on the 17th, might as well start the voting. Nicky9499, where are you?
1. PBY357
2. epoche3bis4
3. a tie between pdkoester, NIARTcar, and ARhian7

Last edited:
Back