Schuylkill River Bridges.

yeah I think that the right hand running rule wasn't really adheared to much in the horse and carriage days, at least not in the more rural areas. I think that it came more in to use with the advent of the automobile. Then again I could be wrong. But it seems to me that before the automobile was popular people would left hand pass, which (now this is just what I observed) seems to meake sence when most horse drawn wagons and carriages I've seen from that time had a brake lever on the right side and whenever I seen someone riding they were sitting on the right side of the wagon if they had the reigns.

I am trying to find more shots of this one, especially arial ones
http://s1278.beta.photobucket.com/user/mlplap7902/media/Bridge%20Pics/30thstreetstationapproachbridgeoverSchuylkillRiver_zps6c56860d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
from what I could find the total length is 385ft, the largest arch span is 205ft and it's is 125ft wide. It is unusual that the eastern end has 4 tracks and it widens to 6 tracks spaced for the upper level platforms of 30th street station, hence the reason I'd like to find good arial pictures of it. It would work better having no track and laying the track across it in surveyor I would think.

Is this what you need? That's from google maps:

30thstbridge_zpsed446856.png

The Girard Ave Bridge has been uploaded and approved. Might show up some time later today.

I didn't use one of Maddy25 road splines after all (none wide enough) so ya'll can run whatever flips your switches across it yourself, lol. I also made the piers taller so you can adjust its height as required.

Hope its what you had in mind.

Ben

Ben, thank you very much, your help with these bridges is great. I can't express my gratitude enough. I also can't wait to place it on the route and finish the scenery around it and get some screen shots of it to post.

T8dagr8, yes, that is the shot I was looking for. I for some reason am having a hard time taking the screen shots from google maps, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Snip ~ I for some reason am having a hard time taking the screen shots from google maps, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
If you have the "MS Snipping Tool", that may be in your PC Accessories, one can snip any size jpg image that is on your screen.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the compliments. Ben the bridges are beautifully done and I'm finding a lot of enjoyment developing the scenery, more than with other small routs I've attempted in the past. The scenery is a nice break from the tedius work of laying track LOL.

Back