Saving sessions.

PawloA

Hello again everyone. I am creating a large layout in TS2010 and saving it every so often. The point is I also seem to create many sessions as I save (47 so far). Do i need them? Do I have to back them up with my layout? If I am just creating a layout at the moment would I just need the current session? If so How to I get rid of the other sessions? Thanks so much - Please help?:)

When you save the layout just select the 'Don't Save Session' option on the save box.

I noticed this happening also and just deleted the sessions when I was in Content Manager.

Nathan

When you save a route the dialogue box should show

2010save.gif

... then just click the tick. This assumes that you have selected Edit Session when you entered Surveyor.

I think the suggestion of ticking 'edit session' will help me too as although I always opt to overwrite the existing session, a new one is always created!

Ray

Hey guys - Be very careful about not saving a session. If you somehow went into the session layer and worked on the route then the new track work might be inthe session.

One route recently sent to me by e-mail had nothing in the route but a blank baseboard and all the track and other stuff was in the session.

I find that you can overwrite the existing session as long as you don't close the Trainz program or perhaps, change to another route. Next time you start Trainz it makes the old session read-only.

I tried going into Explorer and changing the session to read-write, but #$@%&# Trainz changed it back again, and again, and again.

This feature must have been put in to prevent loss of sessions, but was it necessary to go that far? If I changed the read-write status manually, surely it was with awareness of the consequences?

You can delete old versions of the session and re-use the names. Keep one or two of the latest ones for backup.

Cheers - Trevor

Back