Sabino Lake bugs and errors?

frogpipe

Yesterdayz Trainz Member
These are so bad I am inclined to ask anyone with 19 to run the orient express part 1 session and see if they find them.

On the way to "pick up passengers", your first stop, the track does odd and odd things in the tunnels. Wandering out of the stonework and into "the void" and in one case, a sharp kink exists within the tunnel, again sending the track out into the void.

Also, at least 2 portals are displaced, one sunk the other flying high up in the air.

Seems pretty egregious for a $40 route.

FWIW, I just got access to it for the first time, since I just got the platinum edition direct from the N3V store on super sale - prior to that I had the North American version off of Steam.

Yeah Ted had this route since the beginning of TRS19 (included in Eu version) and encountered the same issues
in countless posts this was made aware to n3v
There is however a grey area, a hobby user makes a route as good as he/she can
then it gets adopted by n3v, in a complex TCCP process.
The original creator looses interest or gets plain frustrated
N3v lacks enough personel/time to repair it. Then there is a release date set and they throw it out as is.

Had the same with Schwaninger Land, we had to beg and spam to get it atleast to a normal level
and still it has no road traffic, to name just a point.
What I do here is just clone it and repair it to my liking
consider it part of the hobby :)

Okay then....

Actually I do too, and I got the route as part of the deal, so it was kind of free, but id be a bit less generous if I had laid out full price.

Anyway, cloning breaks the sessions which is a shame... Maybe I'll fiddle with it later.

It was so obvious and so FAR beyond "no traffic" or even a building misplaced, I was litterally is disbelief...

Okay then....

Actually I do too, and I got the route as part of the deal, so it was kind of free, but id be a bit less generous if I had laid out full price.

Anyway, cloning breaks the sessions which is a shame... Maybe I'll fiddle with it later.

It was so obvious and so FAR beyond "no traffic" or even a building misplaced, I was litterally is disbelief...

Knowing how meticulous Jango is in his creations, I'd guess that any imperfections have been introduced by NV3 or in the transition to later versions of 2019 , i seem to remember there was a track break when i drove it in sp1, but that was about it for faults.

I saw the kink I mentioned coming and was shocked when it didn't derail. That may be the spot you speak of.

I also distinctly recall C&O Hinton going thru a period where spline culverts suddenly were lay across the tracks and not under it after an update, so maybe you're right about the game engine doing it.

The following happened in the various service Packs of TRS19

SP2 changed splines and broke older routes, specially long curved ones
SP3 broke FI turntables
SP4 caused derailments at session start
SP5 should have fixed all

think the original route was even started in TANE originally, then ported to TRS19 the original 100240
once a route is "taken" by n3v and sold as part of their product, they are responsible for fixing it
Jango did an excellent job and the route is well worth using and fixing

After you clone the route also clone the sessions and change map-kuid line to direct to your edited route version
then in CM i disable all originals, so they won't show up(they stay as backup)

Last edited:
For the West from Denver route created by Jango I was a member of the Beta test team. When the route was released by N3V I discovered a number of differences from the final Beta version. The most obvious was a 4 track lumber yard was released as a series of loop tracks and many missing buildings. There were two Ski train sessions I had made for the route and both had all the triggers for the AI traffic removed so no AI trains moved.
The route had also lost all the road traffic as mentioned in some of the earlier posts. I discovered that N3V had created a new region for the USA (and maybe other regions) so I sent in several bug reports and reported the problems on the forum. Eventually N3V did fix the Route issues and the fix for the road traffic was to replace their new region with the one used by Jango himself.
I had actually made 6 sessions for the route during the Beta phase using TRS19. After the route was fixed by N3V in TRS22 I updated all six sessions to run in TRS 22. It is expected that they will be released on the TZIT website as Freeware by the Spring of 2023, all the AI traffic worked as I intended in those six sessions.

Back