rules

yea we have whistle posts but they dont trigger it

Some Whistle posts may be "dummys" and some may be active, I know I have had this work for me but I'm no expert on the subject. You could investigate "triggers" and the "Hornz" rule. Hope fully somebody will give you the answer you need.

Its been some years since I played with the use of whistles and rules. From memory I did use a Whistle Rule (kuid 70049:20001) and that became part of my "session". I had to name the whistle signs for each one and then tell the Whistle Rule something like "sound whistle at XXX". I am sure it is set up to do this so my wording may be a little out. Again from memory there are a number of whistle signs and they each work/sound differently, or something like that.

I did this in TRS2004 so I am not sure about new versions. What I also found though was that it did not matter which direction the train was coming from and the way the sign faced the track. Basically this meant I only need one sign. This may have changed in 2006/9, but a little "playing" around should fix it.

If there are any problems let me know and I will dig up my layout and check it out again for you.

Craig
:):):)

AutoHornz

I think it's called AutoHornz, an invisible horn trigger that can be made direction. On the DS...

Angela

bnsf50 makes some interactive whistle post.

<kuid:39134:102225>

<kuid:39134:102184>

are just two of them, he has many more.

There a sound horn kuid2:60850:23113:1 & kuid2:60850:23112:1 sound horn BiDirectional these work good, place on track may need to adjust for speed of train.
Danny5

Back