Rule to load at interactive station

Hello,

I have been using the new Scottish's excellent new DMT stations stations as a replacement for the AJS stations which have had problems with TRS2012.
Can anyone recommend a driver rule for AI trains to load at these stations. I have been using Load At command but with this command the train slows to 8mph upon arrival at the station platform and then travels at 11 mph until it reaches the top of the platform and opens the doors. This isn't suitable in stations with platforms 200 meters long as the train takes about a minute to reach the top of the platform. Can anyone recommend another command where the train would drive to the top of the platform and open doors rather than drive to the bottom of the platform and continue slowly to the top and open doors?

Many Thanks
Edmund

The feature you describe is by design in N3V's station code. You may be able to change the behaviour slightly though by changing the properties of the station.

Shane

Drive to or Navigate to a trackmark that you have placed at the stopping point for the station followed by

Load Passengers,<kuid2:192081:5:2>

according to the description should be an alternative but the train will still slow as it approaches the trackmark.

Thanks Shane,
I think I might try using trackmarks at the top of the station and then the load at command and see if that works.

"You may be able to change the behaviour slightly though by changing the properties of the station."

Quote the properties-loading position- By using a short invisible station on long platforms the position of doors opening passengers loading/unloading can be controlled.

Hi dnevans8,

That rule works very well. I have placed the trackmark at the very top of the platform so the train comes comes to a stop in the correct location, it looks much better and realistic. There is about a 5/6 second delay between when the train stops and the doors open, but still a much better than before! I will try and edit the rule so the delay is shorter. Thanks for pointing out this rule.

Edmund

If use the "Drive to Trackmark" it is unnecessary to issue a load command. It has been my experience when a consist stops at a station the load/unload sequence is automatic based on the stations script.

John

Edmund - Having made the suggestion I thought I would have a look at the DMT stations and while it works well with 1 track stations I found that the command does not work properly with any 2 track stations (not just the DMT stations). It seems to treat the two platforms as a single industry and loads passengers from both platforms. However, it does work well with single platforms as you have found and the speeds approaching the station and to the end of the platform are more realistic. I am glad you asked the question because I have always found it odd the way trains approach stations but never did anything about it.

Hi Johnny, I tried just using the drive to trackmark but it seems the load at command is needed otherwise the train will continue without stopping.

dnevans8 - Luckily I have very little 2 track DMT stations in my route and it will be east to change them to the single track versions.

Hi Johnny, I tried just using the drive to trackmark but it seems the load at command is needed otherwise the train will continue without stopping.

dnevans8 - Luckily I have very little 2 track DMT stations in my route and it will be east to change them to the single track versions.

Try Drive To, Wait (you put time) followed by the AI commands and see if that makes a difference.

John

(I know that this is my first post but the language is a problem). Hi to all. How can i modify passengers height in dmt station? Something like AJS station ( sorry for my english, i'm from Italy). Thank you.

Unfortunately the height can't be changed on the DMT stations.

Edit:

A note - placing numerous DMT stations can slow down your route significantly. The the vertices and indices are very high compared the the AJS stations.

AJS vertices 5,273 / DMT vertices 31275
AJS indices 25,152 / DMT indices 106,854

Comparing in a blank single baseboard route a single AJS station raises the scene load to 0.39% compared to a single DMT is up to 7.47%

Hopefully there is an easy fix which would make the stations more efficient. The increase in lag is still better than not having trains stopping at stations though!

Last edited:
I dont know why but AJS stations works fine in my ts12. Trains stop at the right point and passengers are loaded ...

Also how many trains do you have operating?
AJS stations work fine with a limited number of trains, the more AI trains - say over 10 the more it occurs.

I'm trying a new route so i tried AJS station just putting a train outside the station. So just 10 minutes. I will tell you when i will finish the router.

Back