Route Question

tallboy22

I have a basic layout so far... Imagine a Giant oval but in the middle there is one single piece (trains will run both ways on this), the train going north go's through it fine, but the return going south gets on the middle piece and then stops and says the junction is missing a lever, any idea?

tallboy22 you must havea switch put in and moved the track or something like that . Is there a turnout in front of your train mabe down the tracks a ways. mabe a double red arrow? one way to fine out is to put a track mark down the track a ways and have driver drive to track mark, if driver drive to track mark then move track mark down track more, if train don't drive to track mark then there is a problem between track marks. Look closley at track and any switches make sure there is a switch lever at every turnoutbetween where you train stops and where he is suppose to go.
Hope this helps if not let us know,if so let us too.
Danny5

ok, I did the trackmark idea, the train started at the top of the loop and made its way down just fine, but where the track turned into a single piece of track the engine stopped halfway through the straight piece, the track ahead of it has a switch (hence it turns back into a two track), i tried deleted the juntion and re adding it, switching the lever, still nothing works.

Are you doing this manually or with AI? I'm told that AI can cause a problem if the track is originally laid in the wrong direction. It's a quirk.

Read the second post by jivebunny in this thread.

Last edited:
Back