Route builders - what is your preferred track for USA routes

fjbicrf

Route builders - what is your preferred track to use for USA routes?

The USA routes that I have downloaded from the DLS mostly use JR track or TRS19 trk Jarrah Procedural - Seasonal.

Just looking for a few suggestions before I embark on building my next Route.

Thanks

Fred Bray

I use my own repaints of some earlier SAM track version. I use this lower poly track instead of the procedural track because there is a slow down on my system where there is many track placed. I also found that some of the procedural track has an issue with loading all it's junction textures in the some heavier track scenes like yards. trainboi's track looks excellent, but I feel Trainz is not up to the task of properly handling the graphics at this time... At least not on my system. I do have a set of trainboi's 90lbs cinder track just in case things change.

My track as of late is trainboi1's US track. I've used the various JR tracks in the past, but the more recent ones are too heavy and tend to disappear when the scenery gets a bit too heavy.

Another good track is those by Samplaire. The track name begins with SAM Track and is worth looking at. He also made some ballast to match the tracks and it does a good job unlike other ballast which tends to be too light or dark and not match what's attached to the track.

I like using "TANE 1Trk Wood" for main line and "TRS19 Trk Jarrah Procedural - Seasonal" for sidings.

Some of the ASCE Protrack types are quite good through can be a bit finicky about forming the procedural junction if the radius is too tight.

I believe there are also a couple of JR tracks that have been updated to Protrack type.

Some of the ASCE Protrack types are quite good through can be a bit finicky about forming the procedural junction if the radius is too tight.

I believe there are also a couple of JR tracks that have been updated to Protrack type.
Yup. I have found the same with the junctions. Only the perfectly shiny track unfortunately is Protrack. If there was a rusty equivalent, it would work well with the track on the dirt ballast and less than perfect ties.

See:

<kuid2:439337:103409:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Shiny, Track only
<kuid2:439337:103417:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only
<kuid2:439337:103414:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty
<kuid2:439337:103416:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty, No Ballast
<kuid2:439337:103196:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny
<kuid2:439337:103407:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, No Ballast

Here is a screenshot of my <kuid2:439337:103196:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny:

My-track-for-TRS19.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your input on this question.

I now have lots of track options to choose from and will see what looks best for my routes.

Fred Bray

Back